GroovyKool 45 adapter!

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
The cheap plastic ones work just fine...but I guess that one is audiophile.

Stock or dipped in snake oil...?

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
The plastic ones have the slots for some flex. On this one I guess to look cool/retro? Better than just a disc with a hole in it I guess.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Hey, that is kewl you guys! And in the UK etc. they leave a triangular center piece with an LP hole pressed into the 7" discs, I assume you could cut them out if you wished but they don't need the adapters. I have a Brazilian Liberty 7" of CCR's Hey Tonight/Have You Ever Seen The Rain that is 33 rpm with an LP center and label as well, this is the other way Euro singles were pressed also.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The cheap plastic ones work just fine...but I guess that one is audiophile.

Stock or dipped in snake oil...?
The plastic ones have the slots for some flex. On this one I guess to look cool/retro? Better than just a disc with a hole in it I guess.
Laz may be saying that a common round 45 adapter would would work just fine and I have tried them and they do position the record so that one can play it properly on a turntable. Seems Bradrock is talking about the original installed inserts for records that look like this fancy audiophile 45rpm adapter. Different products. One is used on the table and one is used on the record and usually would stay with the record. This would mean removing them when the 45 changer spindle was used.

That high performance thick retro looking metal one in the op is not as audiophile as we would think, it makes it more difficult to use a record weight.

but it is all good, we are talking 45s here.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
A while back I was looking for some of these. Non to be found on ebay or anywhere else. Then I found some company that sold them by the case of 100 packs. (25 adapters per pack) I ordered a case and listed buy it now for $8 pack, withing 3 days I had sold nearly the whole case so I called and ordered 2 more cases. The guy asked me what was I doing with them all... I told him at night me and my friends get the munchies and enjoy something crunchy to munch on and we have a big party coming up. He didn't say anything just took my CC info and shipped the 2 cases. I blew through the next case and a half over a couple weeks then I saw someone obviously who bought several packs from me had taken them out of the pack and put them in baggies of 5 for $4 and he was selling them, then another and another showed up they were trying to undercut each other on price. Lucky of me I only had about 10 packs left. But I made over $2300 on those things in less than 2 months!

This is the actual pic I used to sell them on ebay
45a.JPG

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
I picked up a pack of them last time I went home to Cleveland, took my sister to the Hall of Fame and bought a pack of 45 inserts, a set of Drumsticks that were also wooden spoons (for a buddy of mine who plays drums) and a t-shirt......I gave my nephew one of the inserts and told him to guess what it was....he guessed wrong, multiple times... 1EF7CB04-CD29-4E1D-85C6-81E7FAAF3300.jpeg BAEEA819-E1FD-4E4A-8FAF-0193F0FA9397.jpeg

orange

Tagline
Laz may be saying that a common round 45 adapter would would work just fine and I have tried them and they do position the record so that one can play it properly on a turntable. Seems Bradrock is talking about the original installed inserts for records that look like this fancy audiophile 45rpm adapter. Different products. One is used on the table and one is used on the record and usually would stay with the record. This would mean removing them when the 45 changer spindle was used.

That high performance thick retro looking metal one in the op is not as audiophile as we would think, it makes it more difficult to use a record weight.

but it is all good, we are talking 45s here.
I wouldn't put a weight on a Philips 202 anyway.

orange

Tagline
They should make a corn cereal shaped like 45 adapters...better than Honeycomb.

orange

Tagline
That only reminds me of Elephant Parts and Elvis Drugs...

but then again, everything reminds me of that these daze.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I love the rock hall of fame went with my wife a while back... Otis Readings plane, Sun studio, and the guitar Bad Finger used to record No Matter What, the record sleeve room were some of the more memorable things

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I love the rock hall of fame went with my wife a while back... Otis Readings plane, Sun studio, and the guitar Bad Finger used to record No Matter What, the record sleeve room were some of the more memorable things
I was never interested because it at least 'seem's' like the majority of inductee's have little to no connection to Rock & Roll music. Which is a subjective term to me anyhow.
Anyone who performed on a stage in the sixties or seventies now claim to be former rock stars it seems.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I was never interested because it at least 'seem's' like the majority of inductee's have little to no connection to Rock & Roll music. Which is a subjective term to me anyhow.
Anyone who performed on a stage in the sixties or seventies now claim to be former rock stars it seems.
When I was there there was plenty of real rock history... I know today they let other music in that I don't call rock.....

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Not long ago my wife had Cher on TV, lamenting life as a Rock Star.( Huh?) To borrow Perry's term. Lot's of those types in there.