Goodbye to a old friend

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I sold the Marantz 2270 last night, for half what they're going on ebay for, she served me well since 2005 :cry: :cry: , oh well, I'll find another someday, I have a thing for that sonic signature and those pretty blu lights...

:wave: she went to a nice feller, he's just going to redo the lights and enjoy.

Attachments

stuwee

I used it as a preamp for many years, very sad to see it go, the same guy came back tonight and bought my Pilot console, that one hurt :cry: :cry: :cry: , bawling my eyes out right now!!! I didn't get as much as I wanted but, in this economy, I'm blessed to have sold such a big ticket item like that, he's gonna give her the refurb she needed and said I'm welcome to come listen when it's done :thumbright: :D

Some pics just before we wrapped her up :cry: :cry: .......CraP!!! Ouch!!! :cry:

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Oh Stu, I didn't know you were going that far...././..........my condolences.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Stuwee: Shoot... it's hard to hear of you resorting to sell those components which had been the mainstay of your sanity for some time. Are you unloading gear to raise money before moving out and thinning out your possessions in anticipation of your move to a smaller place? Had you started your new job, yet?

Nando.

stuwee

Thanks guys! I could use a big hug about now. Nando, it's a money thing mostly, and I don't think the new neighbor's would like that big 15" Jensen that's in the Pilot, some very serious bass comes out of that puppy! You could feel it in your chest across the house. Same with the ML's, you really can't listen to them at low levels, you have to crank them up!!

So the ad is in for them and the Yamaha amp, the cool thing about the Pilot is I always suspected they were a 3-way (you can see that in the pics), but I never knew there was another ported speaker under the tuner/preamp. I was on the floor wrapping the blankets around it and looked up through the slats and there it was, very cool.

I start training on the 22nd thru the 27th and will be starting work immediately after that, they're very short of good workers and plan on working me like a dog, in fact, I'm not starting as a bagger/cart getter, they already gave me a promotion, I'll be cashiering which is more money to start!!! :thumbright:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Man, we gotta have pics of your first day in" So... what does that Stu feller do for a living"

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Stuwee
I have been in your shoes. I do have empathy for you. What I have found out is that in the end you get better things. If I could help I would.I'm waiting on my settlement check.

Larry

stuwee

Lee wants pics of me in my smock going comamdo underneath?? Hahahahaha! would you like to supersize that ma'am?? :twisted: :twisted: :eek:

I know things will get better and I'll get better stuff to make ya'll jealous, ok I'm off to get ready for the big yard sale Saturday morning, see ya's :wave:

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
If I lived there I would get in your line and give you grief. LOL

Larry
And how funny would that be since I don't know what you look like. Hmmmmmm, is that Larry? sure acts like Larry :mrgreen:

I'd melt ya with my killer smile, few can resist me...

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Craig, I feel for you, it is like losing a family member to give up prized gear.

The thing to look forward to is the challenge of seaking out 'new' gear in the future. it will then be your turn to garage sale.

Jim

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
I start training on the 22nd thru the 27th and will be starting work immediately after that, they're very short of good workers and plan on working me like a dog, in fact, I'm not starting as a bagger/cart getter, they already gave me a promotion, I'll be cashiering which is more money to start!!! :thumbright:
At least I'd rather give my money to you than the government :thumbright:

stuwee

Web Police said:
Let Me know when the Teac comes up on the auction block? :rabbit:
I got a guy at Polk Forums drooling over it now, PM me an offer, lets talk, I still have the custom insulation foam cocoon box to ship it safely.

Attachments

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
Web Police said:
Let Me know when the Teac comes up on the auction block? :rabbit:
I got a guy at Polk Forums drooling over it now, PM me an offer, lets talk, I still have the custom insulation foam cocoon box to ship it safely.
Wow...that was an old avatar of yours. That's a bit of a stunner seeing it packed.[attachment=0:upx7s23b]Craig's TeacV8000S avatar.jpg[/attachment:upx7s23b]

Attachments

stuwee

Good memory Steven, that avvie was a long time ago, and I didn't use it for very long. I think all gear should be packed like that, spray isulation foam isn't all that expensive and it's perfect for keep the 'gorilla' damage to a minimum.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Wow that's messed up. Was just reminessing about a Nak stack/Maggie setup I sold off after the divorce with my 1st wife. Now I have way more then I need. It comes back around.

Get some headphones and focus on content, rather then gear for awhile?

Best of luck mate.