Goodbye, Needledoctor

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
They were good ... but they weren't the only source. Sad to see em go though...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Some of the best prices and inventory around, makes you feel pretty damned old to realize how long you've relied on him. I also remember when The Turntable Factory's owner passed and the new owners let it go to hell.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Wonder how he is going to get rid of his inventory.
Don't know how much inventory there really was. Sure enough to provide for a physical location but some have thought their prices and delivery times a bit longer than others. This due to the fact that they did not stock some of the more expensive items.

Seems one could make good money in that side of the business as the cost on cartridges was (about 1980) in the neighborhood of 20% of retail give or take 15% depending on items. This is why the cartridges cost 1¢ more when one bought a TT, base and dust cover for retail price. 80 buck cartridge for 1¢ that cost 19.95 easily paid for by the profit in the TT.

Unfortunate to see it just disappear, leaving a website but things happen. Hope it works out well for all involved.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Between Ebay & turntableneedles.com & Japanese vendors, I'm good.
LPtunes.com in the U.S. has nice prices also.
No shortage of cartridge retippers here in the U.S. either.
I doubt this fellow retiring will have much impact. I wish him well.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
True... LPGear is not the most cost effective outlet. Some of their items are OK.
But LOL... take a look at what they are charging for the 150mlx... or even that Anniversary Edition.

I originally picked up two, still sealed mlx's on Audiogon years back. Audiogon is a hit or miss kind of venue for pricing.
For what I paid for mine, I could sell the opened one at below the going rate and eat steak & lobster at Texas Roadhouse every week for a year ... and still have plenty of craft beer money left over.

:laughing8:

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
One of the best sellers to deal with on ebay for a long time. The turntable accessory business is going frou-frou like the pressing side. It could backfire pretty hard.