Glen's 700 series II build

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I polished some stock knobs with stainless handles. The face plate is silkscreened in a silver similar to stainless. I will try some black push buttons at some point although the stock one look good as is.

Attachments

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Just put my black face plate on Stainless steel covered back plate. Still need to polish some knobs to match.
I have three or four black face plates for sale. Just like the gold ones I had but in black with silver white silk screen. Pm if interested. I listed on eBay but Ebay's extra costs has to make me put to high a price there.

Attachments

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I have being playing around with the Khorns with this amp. I have a small ground loop noise out of the speakers. With inputs disconnected It goes down in volume when I turn the volume pots down. The noise varies as I turn up the pots with most noise at about 1/2 volume. It it not loud at all but just noticeable between tracks.

Before it get to excited any ideas anyone?

It is full WOPL with everything. It has proper star ground setup.

I guess I need to look at the RCA plugs, although they are new switchcraft one

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have being playing around with the Khorns with this amp. I have a small ground loop noise out of the speakers. With inputs disconnected It goes down in volume when I turn the volume pots down. The noise varies as I turn up the pots with most noise at about 1/2 volume. It it not loud at all but just noticeable between tracks.

Before it get to excited any ideas anyone?

It is full WOPL with everything. It has proper star ground setup.

I guess I need to look at the RCA plugs, although they are new switchcraft one
AC input is 2 lines only Glenn??? No chassis ground from AC cord?

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
AC input is 2 lines only Glenn??? No chassis ground from AC cord?
No ground connected Joe on AC. It's a very low level lower frequency hiss from both the woofer and mid horn. Now these are very sensitive speakers but it just is a louder than I want. I guess I will put in on the bench later. It works fine otherwise. I will first remove the input pots and RCA and see what happens there. I have been looking for 12-24 position fixed resistor volume control as the variable ones can give some inductance. Here is what I am look for in a smaller size

Attachments