Glantoirs 'Name The Album' Thread

Dazen1

Veteran and General Yakker
In the interests of mutual harmony, let me put this to bed now.

Tony,

The phrasing of your post appeared to be slightly misleading (in my eyes), but I am satisfied that you were not holding back. I apologise for any confusion.

Another time, I would have argued the toss, but frankly, I have bigger fish to fry (for my pie Lee :wink:).

Are we all friends now?

Can we get back to business?

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Next up ...

Big name.
Big sound.
For youngsters and dirt-bags alike.
Someone might get this one quickly without any clues ...

View attachment 19567

I was really shocked how many sun spot images came up in Google when I G-image vetted this one.
Thought for sure it would come up as direct hit and then I'd have to pick something else.
Especially compared to the first one I chose, which came up no matter how I cropped it.
Weird ...
Process of elimination: It isn't Goat's Head Soup (Rolling Stones), it isn't I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again, Mama (Janis Joplin)
The image reminds me of both of those albums...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Nobody is even close yet.

90's.
Big sound.
Almost disturbing to some.

Hey Lee,
tell 'em all what you saw in the snippet when you guessed Candy O !

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Well I was thinking something along the lines of Fat of the Land/Prodigy or Jagged Little Pill/Alanis Morissette.

Or am I way off?
Alanis is annoying to many, but no cigar. Her shrills are often disturbing, so good guess! But there are no females in this line up.
Nada on the Prodigy side too. Not remotely electronic.

For Lee's input, brain-dead not withstanding, I thought he had dialed on the red lips or hair.

So here's some new clues:

There's a goofy, B movie called "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and this band has link to it - on the music side of things.

This is a Grammy winning 90's band.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Superunknown-Soundgarden (Matt Cameron)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yeah, I enjoyed that stuff the first few hundred times I've head it, but it got old faster than most music of that style. Didn't Chris Cornell front for this band then go on to Audioslave?

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Yeah, I enjoyed that stuff the first few hundred times I've head it, but it got old faster than most music of that style. Didn't Chris Cornell front for this band then go on to Audioslave?

Yep. Audioslave was his next gig after a short solo stint.
And I get the over-played thing. Soundgarden was like the grunge-pop of the 90's because of it.
I didn't appreciate SG until years later.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Something about that guys voice after a few listens that really grates on me. The fact that he had more REALLY GOOD LOOKIN PUSSY thrown at him has nothing to do with it...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Something about that guys voice after a few listens that really grates on me. The fact that he had more REALLY GOOD LOOKIN PUSSY thrown at him has nothing to do with it...
Bwahahahahaha!
My wife has always said - of Chris and grunge in general - that that they all sound like dying cows. :laughing8: