Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Damn, $4.99 for diesel on the north side of the cities. With grocery points it got it down to $4.93

I'd get the bike out but this is what I woke up to this morn. I've had MORE than enough

View attachment 63476
A few years ago, we bought so many groceries that we filled up with our Hy-Vee gas card...and paid all of nine cents on a tank full. No, really! Nowadays, the gas card is less and less of an advantage, and I've given up on even using it.

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
I have an old 2003 Toyota Corolla, had just under half a tank in it. Put some fuel preservative in and topped the rest of the tank with 98 octane fuel at about $2.50 a litre, cost $60. Don't do many miles in it as it is a car I hang onto in case the company decides to stop allowing personal use of the company car. We are in negotiations at the moment and the 2nd hand car market has gone up in value majorly. Wise to hang onto it. The tank will last a good year or 2, hence the fuel preservative.

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
A few years ago, we bought so many groceries that we filled up with our Hy-Vee gas card...and paid all of nine cents on a tank full. No, really! Nowadays, the gas card is less and less of an advantage, and I've given up on even using it.
Your post reminded me of this:

when_I_was_a_boy.jpg

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Saw $5.10 in West Virginia near Holly River State Park last month. Didn't have to stop there - we used our 10 gallon strategic petroleum reserve to get past that and back to $4.90 and $4.80 per gallon gas in Ohio. Down to $3.99 in north Georgia right now, about $4.20 near our house. Saw mostly $4.50 in and around Savannah and Tybee Island last week.

Georgia extended their gas tax moratorium through August, I think. Waiting to see if TN will follow suit but it doesn't look like it.

We averaged 40¢ per mile for gas pulling on the TN-VA-WVa-OH-KY-TN loop.