Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
i paid 4.67 on Thursday and 5.29 today. Only to find just around the corner its 5.15 for diesel. California is lot more the Oregon and Washington witch is in the lower $4 range today

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
There’s gotta be more to this, I notice basic food supplies creeping up and in some cases, the portions are getting smaller. Hyper Inflation here we come, its all a part of “The Plan” We have a small % of rich people in this world who have a serious mental illness, no empathy, compassion or respect for human life. More and more of them are being put into positions of power. Unless something is done about it, we are fucked. Might as well enjoy our hifi and other life pleasures while we still can.

Quoted:
“Given all that we know about the government—that it treats its citizens like faceless statistics and economic units to be bought, sold, bartered, traded, and tracked; that it repeatedly lies, cheats, steals, spies, kills, maims, enslaves, breaks the laws, overreaches its authority, and abuses its power at almost every turn; and that it wages wars for profit, jails its own people for profit, and has no qualms about spreading its reign of terror abroad—it is not a stretch to suggest that the government has been overtaken by a power elite that do not have our best interests at heart.”

George S.

Diesel been higher than gas here in the US for many years. Diesel was $5.39 a gallon at the first truck stop("Loves"a nation wide chain) I passed this morning. Pretty sure it's going to go much higher.
Food is going to get VERY expensive, and farmers are now looking at planting season. All their equipment is diesel powered and fertilizer is petroleum derived as are most agricultural chemicals.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Went over 2€/l this week in France.
First was the unleaded 98 gasoline.
Now the diesel is the most expensive, never seen that before ( diesel was the cheapest for decades due to lower tax).
Damn that is high. I paid 3.67/gal USD the other day when I filled up in Iowa. 2 euro per liter = $8.31 usd per gallon. Yikes

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I'm saddened by the general public, (50% of which have and IQ below average) believe the pres is the only influence on the gas prices. We enjoyed cheap gas with the pandemic because industry shut down and didn't need fuel leading to oversupply. Now we are in an era of increasing demand and well prices are going up. Then you have the public policies and the 2 pres adding to that. Be nice when putin looses his grip on power and gets his dirt nap.

My neighbor thought that when we went into iraq after the WMDs that didn't exist we owned the country's oil output and should have $2.29 gas for life. Maybe if we had not gone in to take out Sad Damn things would be better today with better response from OPEC about increasing production.

Then we have the previous drop in oil prices that caused thousands of wells in the US to be capped. I'll ask Lee for input on this, but the US required these closed wells be cemented...rendering them essentially dead. Why couldn't they just be capped and able to be put back into production without too much work when the price of oil went back up?

And then we had a pres that slowed moving to alt energy as he courted the coal vote. A good 60,000 jobs in coal vs the 3 million (end of 2020 and shrinking, 3.36M end of 2019. And we all know renewable energy jobs will grow.

I'm not saying we all need a battery car, had em as a kid, take too long to charge. But a thoughtful move to alt energy would leave enough liquid fuels for our cross country trips, pickup trucks and such. Problem is thoughtful...we don't have that in Congress right now we have two armies fighting each other from separated camps and no middle ground to be seen. Sad really.