Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I just sent in my propane pre buy for this winter. It was $2.89 a gallon. Fifty cents more than last year. I wish I could have sent more, but the well pump replacement a few weeks ago hurt.
I have a bad feeling about propane prices when the real cold hits. I remember five dollars a gallon under Obama & that was painful. Especially when you keep your house at 85 degrees! Heh..Heh

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I just sent in my propane pre buy for this winter. It was $2.89 a gallon. Fifty cents more than last year. I wish I could have sent more, but the well pump replacement a few weeks ago hurt.
I have a bad feeling about propane prices when the real cold hits. I remember five dollars a gallon under Obama & that was painful. Especially when you keep your house at 85 degrees! Heh..Heh
Be glad you're in southern Missouri and not Iowa...or Minnesota.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I am glad I am where I am and I am what I am. And I'm glad I have this opportunity to spend my entire SS check on propane when It's 102 freaking degrees out!

Tagline
Retired
Gas is still bouncing around. Last weekend, the low was $2.82. Today, the low is $2.92 and several of the branded stations are selling at $2.999. Of course one political party is blaming the president for the inflation of gas as well as the cost of groceries going up. I wonder how many of these people are economist?

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Natural gas here is going up as well, though I don't think the cost of the fuel is increasing. Chattanooga Gas just got permission from the TN public utility regulators to raise rates 8.1% to make up for revenue losses from last year and some (alleged) infrastructure addditions.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Go around New Mexico and Indiana if you need diesel. It averaged around $3.60 ish. If you had time to drive around for a deal, you could find it for a BIT cheaper but not much. I put on 3500 miles since Thursday and the roads across the US are fucked up, and fuel prices suck, and the price of donuts has not come down...................

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Go around New Mexico and Indiana if you need diesel. It averaged around $3.60 ish. If you had time to drive around for a deal, you could find it for a BIT cheaper but not much. I put on 3500 miles since Thursday and the roads across the US are fucked up, and fuel prices suck, and the price of donuts has not come down...................
Yeah, I'm refinancing not only for the lower interest rates but to prepare for the fuel costs of our Big Bend/Carlsbad Caverns/Palo Duro Canyon trip this winter. At 9 mpg (maybe 10.5 with the wind behind the trailer) I only partially jest...

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
My 2008 Chev 3/4 ton 454 4X gasser gets 5.8 pulling my 26' Jayco...
Unfortunately, that sounds all too familiar. But ya gotta love those big blocks for torque. My 5.3 is supposed to be making 335 lb-ft of torque at 4000 but it's all done through the 6L80 and computer. If we decide to full time for a few years, I think I could pull one of these with 4.10s in what I have, but I'd absolutely have go 3/4 or 1 ton and watch the mileage go out the window if I got this one: https://www.blackseriescamper.com/travel-trailers/hq19.html

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Bob, I go to the river 3 to 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. I basically live to fish at the river. The wife, Jani, loves it as much as I do. The river is 187 miles from the house so i really don't give a fuck..ya know?? It could get 3mpg and I'd still take it...the ol sled head Jayco is a PITA to get there...but ohhhhh so nice for those two weeks. I used to pull it down there with my 2008 5500 Dodge work truck with a 6.7 chipped to 425 HP. IT got 17 MPG doing the same thing the gasser did, but I got tired of taking half a day to throw the workshit off the bed and give it a bath and vacuum...that badass Dodge was cool, get it up to 70 hit cruise and pass the doob....

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah, for heavy pulling, you can’t beat diesel. There’s a reason you don’t see many gasoline semis on the road…

Tagline
Retired
It finally happened; all 14 stations are up over $3.00 with the majority hugging $3.0999. How high it will go is anybody's guess. Yesterday, I was watching the futures and was surprised when it was projected that home heating oil will be 46% higher this year followed by natural gas at 30% and electricity at 6%.

I live in eastern Iowa about 60 miles south of Wisconsin which puts me in a very cold region. Last January & February were the highest my heating bills have ever been in the 20 years I've lived here. I think I'll probably have to adjust how I heat my house.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I don't like Gas cars anymore but the Tesla company will have my business next. If heating is your problem then like a friend of mine does is in the spring he collects a lot of downed trees and chops them up for fuel and then in his house he has a wood burning stove- he can cook on it and it does produce a tremendous amount of BTU's but if you want to spread it around you just need fans. I plan to get one if I ever have the money as this is an emergency form of heating and all you need do is have a good pile of logs from times you prepare in spring or late fall. Chopping wood is no fun in 90 degree weather. If you do get cold one way to get warm fast is go out and splip logs. It also heats me up to shovel snow.