Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Tagline
Retired
Gas took a leap over night. Low is 2.83 for regular ethanol and six of the thirteen stations are at $2.999. And of course, the news stations are screaming into their mics that its all Biden's fault along with everything else that are costing more. Without any facts, they still may be blaming a pipe line that was shut down by Biden.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Gas took a leap over night. Low is 2.83 for regular ethanol and six of the thirteen stations are at $2.999. And of course, the news stations are screaming into their mics that its all Biden's fault along with everything else that are costing more. Without any facts, they still may be blaming a pipe line that was shut down by Biden.
Or the possibility that maybe the oil companies have something to do with it??? They are wanting to make up for the short comings of the recent year no doubt. Usually about this time there are refinery shutdowns due to unknown circumstances... also we got a nice state tax increase on gasoline recently here, it all adds up.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Dont worry, Biden will straighten everything out. Exxon Mobil stock has doubled since November

Last edited:
Tagline
Retired
It's still his fault
You won't get an argument out of me. He came into office with all these give-away programs that was a blessing to many, but it wasn't needed by many either. Then, his major blunder was his failure to foresee the problem he was creating at the border. Once people started to voice their concerns, he buried his head in the sand.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Exxon was a good one but the last 5 years was a real dog. Shell also has doubled since November also. The market is overpriced now

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
1. It looks like the thread title got changed. When I first saw it today, I thought it was a new counter-thread.

2. I'm glad I sold the Jaguar...

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
A few weeks ago I had to stop for gas between Santa Fe and Las Vegas (NM), $4.00/gal for premium. It's been 3.50ish everywhere else

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Crude closed at 73.28 today. Was hanging around 75. Deducts steps only 4.30 this month. I may get 70.00 this month....yay team biden..

Tagline
Retired
Some stations are upping their prices, moving closer to the $3.00 mark. Not surprising. Now, some gas stations in the east coast corridor are suing Colonial pipeline for their failure to secure their internet against hackers. The stations are claiming it cost them thousands of dollars that they won't be able to recover. Its not just gas sales but the sundries that these convenient stores provide. What's next?

Tagline
Retired
Gas is holding steady for the past few days. Some stations were just one digit away from $3.00, but have since backed down to the low $2.90's. The crude futures are down today along with the whole market; however, OPEC has announced they will be increasing their output. I think if prices remain below the $3.00 it may be a wait-and-see what happens with OPEC. The only other thing that we might see is if people will cut back on consumption then prices might stay steady but I doubt we'll see a noticeable drop in prices any time in the near future.