Gabriel by the Sound of O

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Doubt if anyone has heard of them.. Looks to me to be someone's science experiment. Not saying beware but sure would check out the sound before laying any money down.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Those are intriguing. Something similar to the Gallos on top; big heavy cabinets. I'd still want to listen before buying, though. They're not priced low enough to take a chance on.

TravK

New Around These Parts
Thanks Bob, thanks fishoz. Oh, for sure, at that price point you'd definitely want to audtion, esp. with such an unknown. They also look like a similar design to a pair of Acarian System Alon IV that the same seller has available. At any rate, I've got no practical place to house either set of behemoths. Just admiring. :)

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
For that money you can find some tried and true brand that will suite you,

If your are just looking for an exotic (looking) speak there are a lot that will satisfy. B&W’s, Klipsch horns, great to explore options. Many here will give honest reviews if they have had experience.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I just re read the ad...mislead by the pics on their size. Those are a lot to handle, even on casters (which I would ditch for spikes). They kinda grow on you...I see your interest!

TravK

New Around These Parts

TravK

New Around These Parts
Lee, what's the model # on the mosfet you enjoy? The Sherwood that I enjoy is a S5000, tube integrated.

As far as those Gabriels...still kicking around on the local Craigslist. Fishoz, I actually like the prospect of a 150lb speaker mounted on casters...easier to roll around for best imaging, no? I've spent my $ on stupider things, I might just try haggling. If so, I'll report back for y'alls entertainment and erudition. And wool...well, yeah, winter is coming.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Since we're doing some CL audio-gear lusting, Wheel-right, your location reminded me of these, in your neck of the woods...

https://www.ebay.com/i/264699276147?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Sherwood 1060 mono tube amp pairing, if by chance you're into that sort of thing (I definitely am, I have a couple of older Sherwood integrated amps). Seller has had 'em on the market since fall of last year...

http://tubeintegratedamplifier.com/sherwood_s_1060_sixty_tube_integrated_amplifiers_one_pair.php
I used an Olson tube receiver for around 30 years, from high school and beyond, still have it and lit it up a year or so ago, needs a serious bunch of work but the darn thing still did what it was built for and gets hot enough to fry an egg too!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lee, what's the model # on the mosfet you enjoy? The Sherwood that I enjoy is a S5000, tube integrated.

As far as those Gabriels...still kicking around on the local Craigslist. Fishoz, I actually like the prospect of a 150lb speaker mounted on casters...easier to roll around for best imaging, no? I've spent my $ on stupider things, I might just try haggling. If so, I'll report back for y'alls entertainment and erudition. And wool...well, yeah, winter is coming.

Sherwood S-6040

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Not knockn’ heavy beast speaks...they push a lot of vibration, don’t think casters can tame them. My 808’s on spikes...174lbs, 0AEA20B3-B7D2-4DDB-82EF-832192877454.jpeg