FS: 700b WOPL Masterpiece built by WOPL Sniffer

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
If it's to loud-You're too old!!
Hope the rest of your system is WOPL worthy. That's one fine amp, congratulations! Fill us in on what speakers, etc it's going to play with.
------------------------
While my audio system is not impressive compared to many of the systems I see posted on forums of this type... I think it is fairly decent, and I have been very pleased with the quality of the music it produces. For spinning vinyl LP collection- I use 2 vintage Pioneer turntables>> a fully manual PL-550, and a PL-570 with automatic functions. Both decks have been fully restored to better than new sound quality and the bases have been veneered with quality woods. I have 10 headshells with assorted phono cartridges mounted on them, but I mostly use an ADC XLM MK2 Gold or a Shure V15 type3 when I play records. For recording tapes I use an Akai1722W reel to reel. I have a Phase Linear 2000 pre-amp that I've just polished up in advance for Helgas arrival. i've been very happy with that unit in the past and I think it will work well in the future with the new PL700B. My speakers are CARVER Platinum series- Amazing Loud Speakers which are only a 2 way speaker system, but at least they were not designed for bookshelf placement!! Each panel has 4-12" bass drivers + a 6 foot planar ribbon that are rated at 6 Ohms and can handle 450 WATTS RMS if my memory is correct. I hope those little dipole panels can stand up to the WOPLs potential with a little headroom held in reserve. All of my interconnects and speaker cables are DIY by myself. So- Am I worthy of babbysitting WOPL Helga??

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
With the six ohm speakers, you will now have around 700 wpc I believe. The before & after we will all be waiting for.....
Hell, it may sound so good that your neighbors chip in for some new Lp's!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
You separate the good wood workers from the great ones by how well they cover up their mistakes…

Mistakes will show themselves no matter how much you try to cover it. Best to either do it correctly, or do and re-do until it's right although sometimes reworking an issue causes more damage that the original defect. The extra heat kills components, and solder joints along with fucking up the wires trying to get the lay right. There is no replacement for school, especially a military one that threatens you with getting it near perfect so it can fly on the skippers fighter, or being a Bos'n mate where the monkey fist has several meanings.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Well I am one of the lucky owners of Perry's original Clair Brothers score (her name is Sabbitha) and after few iterations and now currently the Rev G Dual Mono board with the White light kit and all top of the line WO goodies for last few years courtesy of the kindness of Perry and Dennis (Navlinear) Joe and I am sure others. The amp after a couple years sounds even better and I drive her hard everyday since I play along with a Marshall halfstack

The amp without a doubt is a Legacy amp built by someone who really gives a shit and loves what he does. I used to yak with Perry a lot but since my health has taken a shit, I have become a bit of a recluse. I remember Perry yelling at me about cranking the amp and caring how much power it would give

Well Perry my brother, the amp was built to destroy all reliably, I enjoy that bitch you built because its the best amp I ever owned. If I can't hurt it, you built it right

The good folks here, Lee, Jerry, Joe, Perry, Dennis, Elitist, Fish, Just Mike, Orange, and others have looked out for me over the years and I don't forget that for anything. I am reminded of it everyday when I hit the power switch and prepare for 120dB+ sessions. It and a Marshall have it in common, it sounds better the louder you go. My D9s give up at 12-1 'o clock, they are rated 400w continuous and I modded them also for better performance but the big 15s start making a noise and I know it's time to back it off a hair

There is no amp in the World I would want more then my beloved Clair given to me by my brothers here on the Phoenix Forum. I have not been here much in last few years but I want to rectify that. This weeks episode was sobering. My friends are here, I can't talk to you as a pile of ashes

So from the humble beginnings of a blown up 400 series I through several other 400s, 700 series 1, 700Bs and the mighty Clair. I have got to experience White Oak and the denziens of this Forum since almost the beginning

Love you guys because you made part of my World a happy welcoming place

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
A man of few words!! I like that and I hope to be able to learn that skill some day! My problem is that when I was in school, I tried very hard to fill up a lot of lined paper space with my sloppy handwriting even though I actually had next to nothing of merit to express to the teacher about whatever subject the assignment, the essay, or the term paper was supposed to be about. I was NOT very good in school and barely graduated from High School!!! The funny thing is when I got to Jr. College and the classes were all centered on a core subject that I was passionate about and suddenly i was on the deans list with a 3.875 GPA instead of flunking out!!!:blob4:GO FIGGURE!! However I'm still longwinded when I spell words instead of talking...

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Well I am one of the lucky owners of Perry's original Clair Brothers score (her name is Sabbitha) and after few iterations and now currently the Rev G Dual Mono board with the White light kit and all top of the line WO goodies for last few years courtesy of the kindness of Perry and Dennis (Navlinear) Joe and I am sure others. The amp after a couple years sounds even better and I drive her hard everyday since I play along with a Marshall halfstack

The amp without a doubt is a Legacy amp built by someone who really gives a shit and loves what he does. I used to yak with Perry a lot but since my health has taken a shit, I have become a bit of a recluse. I remember Perry yelling at me about cranking the amp and caring how much power it would give

Well Perry my brother, the amp was built to destroy all reliably, I enjoy that bitch you built because its the best amp I ever owned. If I can't hurt it, you built it right

The good folks here, Lee, Jerry, Joe, Perry, Dennis, Elitist, Fish, Just Mike, Orange, and others have looked out for me over the years and I don't forget that for anything. I am reminded of it everyday when I hit the power switch and prepare for 120dB+ sessions. It and a Marshall have it in common, it sounds better the louder you go. My D9s give up at 12-1 'o clock, they are rated 400w continuous and I modded them also for better performance but the big 15s start making a noise and I know it's time to back it off a hair

There is no amp in the World I would want more then my beloved Clair given to me by my brothers here on the Phoenix Forum. I have not been here much in last few years but I want to rectify that. This weeks episode was sobering. My friends are here, I can't talk to you as a pile of ashes

So from the humble beginnings of a blown up 400 series I through several other 400s, 700 series 1, 700Bs and the mighty Clair. I have got to experience White Oak and the denziens of this Forum since almost the beginning

---------------------------_
Yes sir! The guys on this forum are truely a friendly and helpful bunch of audio enthusiasts. I can relate to your situation' as my health also took a big dump, but that was 10 years ago and I've been struggling against a slippery downhill slide to hell ever since then. At the moment I have hopes for the new WOPLsniffer built 700B I just purchased will lift my altitude as I increase the volume!! If not, I'll at least make a lot of racket on my way out!! Your Marshall sounds like the right amp to put you inside the music, but I have to know what kind of fiddle you plug into it with... Gibson or Fender?? or are you playing something else?? I used to plug a Fender HM STRAT with a single humbucker and a Floyd Rose into my 50W Laney combo amp and that pissed off the neighbors more than my stereo ever has!! LOL!!!

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline

Yes sir! The guys on this forum are truely a friendly and helpful bunch of audio enthusiasts. unlike you, my health took a big dump prior to finding this excellent forum, but I have hopes for the new WOPL I purchased will lift my altitude as I increase the volume!! Your Marshall sounds like the right amp to put you inside the music, but I have to know what kind of fiddle you plug into it with... Gibson or Fender?? or are you playing something else??

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Yes sir! The guys on this forum are truely a friendly and helpful bunch of audio enthusiasts. I can relate to your situation' as my health also took a big dump, but that was 10 years ago and I've been struggling against a slippery downhill slide to hell ever since then. At the moment I have hopes for the new WOPLsniffer built 700B I just purchased will lift my altitude as I increase the volume!! If not, I'll at least make a lot of racket on my way out!! Your Marshall sounds like the right amp to put you inside the music, but I have to know what kind of fiddle you plug into it with... Gibson or Fender?? or are you playing something else?? I used to plug a Fender HM STRAT with a single humbucker and a Floyd Rose into my 50W Laney combo amp and that pissed off the neighbors more than my stereo ever has!! LOL!!!
Sorry for the late reply, 1976 Gibson Explorer is my main axe