FS: 700b WOPL Masterpiece built by WOPL Sniffer

crestwood23

New Around These Parts
This amp is a KILLER but COVID has not been kind to my bank account. For sale is my 700b custom WOPL built by Perry AKA WOPL Sniffer - sounds incredible! Price is $2k plus actual shipping to in the CONUS. I am new to this site but have perfect feedback on eBay (user: fandango!) and references from Audiokarma on request.

Attachments

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
That is a real bummer, hopefully something will come up and let you keep the Beauty.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I'd just ditch a kidney first, personally.

I hope things turn around (I can relate completely to your situation).

George S.

That's most probably the finest 700B in the world, Sniff Built. Shame you have to part with it. Good luck man, things will get better down the road.

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
If it's to loud-You're too old!!
Crestwood23-- Do you still have the 700/11 WOPL for sale? Probably not... But it's worth asking because it's such a pretty unit. If you are still needing to sell it, I'd be very interested in discussing the specs of the unit and your general location to estimate shipping cost. I look forward to your reply.

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Miss Helga is SOLD to Mr. Loonie! :thumbup:
Miss Helga is SOLD to Mr. Loonie! :thumbup:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Helga WOPL and I will make LOTS of beautiful music together... Does this make Perry@WOPLsniffer my Father-in-law -ish ???
Loonie + Helga sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G:love9::love8::blob3::blob4::blob5:etc

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Our ladies don't go homeless for long :)
Your reputation as a "Builder of fine WOPLs" preceeds you Perry- There seems to be a consensus on this forum that you are a PL guru-- So when I saw a chance to become the custodian of one of your builds, I had to get it. I've been seeing stuff about WOPLs on the interwebs for years with people talking about them the way they used to talk about the Clair Bros PLs. I never had the ability to get a Clair Bros unit, I'm not getting any younger, and my faithful PL 700/1 finally died a couple of years ago. Helga (My new WOPL 700/B is on the way to California from New Jersey and I'm looking forward to her delivery in about a week! I'm very excited about the whole situation!!:blob4::toothy7:

George S.

Hope the rest of your system is WOPL worthy. That's one fine amp, congratulations! Fill us in on what speakers, etc it's going to play with.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Your reputation as a "Builder of fine WOPLs" preceeds you Perry- There seems to be a consensus on this forum that you are a PL guru-- So when I saw a chance to become the custodian of one of your builds, I had to get it. I've been seeing stuff about WOPLs on the interwebs for years with people talking about them the way they used to talk about the Clair Bros PLs. I never had the ability to get a Clair Bros unit, I'm not getting any younger, and my faithful PL 700/1 finally died a couple of years ago. Helga (My new WOPL 700/B is on the way to California from New Jersey and I'm looking forward to her delivery in about a week! I'm very excited about the whole situation!!:blob4::toothy7:

I try to match my build capabilities to the performance of the WOPL. Thanks for the compliments. There are many fine builders on this site and I just try to keep up. Outside of the 400 II, and 700B I plan on WOPL'ing as soon as I can get my shop set up, I don't know if I'll be building many in the future. I woke up one day and looked at the calendar and figured out 6 years had passed and I turned gray. What did I do???? I built a shitload of amps, and a buttload of pre's and had to get a shoulder replaced from humping pallets of 700's all over the country (well, my left arm is my beer drinking arm so.....) :)

I am saving some time for the building of a new amp coming to the masses soon even if it's only to build my own. That, and I have a couple customers I made commitments to for a few items. But, you never know what the future holds.

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
ver
Congrats!

But, your neighbors may not share your enthusiasm once she’s cranked up…
--------------------------------------------------------------------_
Ah yes- THEM!!! The fellow next door came over one day bearing a gift... It seems that he and some of the other denizens on the block had taken up a collection and without a word to me- took it upon themselves to purchase a quite nice pair of headphones that they thought I would without a doubt enjoy utilizing during my occasional high volume listening sessions with my PL-700/1>> BOY!! WERE THEY WRONG!!! As the guy next door handed me the phones, he was pointing out the high quality features of the earphones. After admiring them, I set them on my knee as if it were my head, then I reached over and turned on my sub-woofer which shook the room hard. I looked my neighbor straight in the eyes, told him how well the cans worked, then politely demanded that he "get the fuck out of my house!!"
Frankly, I was amazed the neighbors could hear my stereo over the racket their combined dogs make with their constant barking, yipping and yapping ALL FRICKIN' DAY/EVERY DAY! They never seem to hear THAT! Not to mention someone is forever banging on their house or fence with a hammer fixing God knows what. Or the guy across the street that monthly fires up his Harley Davidson and twists the throttle for the next 30 minutes, but I never hear him drive off+ going for a ride in the wind... I get it- I used to own motorcycles- they are wonderful! But I used to RIDE mine, not just raise hell in the driveway & stick it back in the garage! SO- SCREW THOSE NEIGHBORS!! If I want to blow the dust off of my speakers + the shingles off the neighbors roof once in a while with a Phase Linear 700 WOPL, I'm not doing anything different than them, except my dog doesn't bark all day because I pay attention to my faithful Boxer dog and I don't just throw her outside every morning+ let her in at night.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
ver

--------------------------------------------------------------------_
Ah yes- THEM!!! The fellow next door came over one day bearing a gift... It seems that he and some of the other denizens on the block had taken up a collection and without a word to me- took it upon themselves to purchase a quite nice pair of headphones that they thought I would without a doubt enjoy utilizing during my occasional high volume listening sessions with my PL-700/1>> BOY!! WERE THEY WRONG!!! As the guy next door handed me the phones, he was pointing out the high quality features of the earphones. After admiring them, I set them on my knee as if it were my head, then I reached over and turned on my sub-woofer which shook the room hard. I looked my neighbor straight in the eyes, told him how well the cans worked, then politely demanded that he "get the fuck out of my house!!"
Frankly, I was amazed the neighbors could hear my stereo over the racket their combined dogs make with their constant barking, yipping and yapping ALL FRICKIN' DAY/EVERY DAY! They never seem to hear THAT! Not to mention someone is forever banging on their house or fence with a hammer fixing God knows what. Or the guy across the street that monthly fires up his Harley Davidson and twists the throttle for the next 30 minutes, but I never hear him drive off+ going for a ride in the wind... I get it- I used to own motorcycles- they are wonderful! But I used to RIDE mine, not just raise hell in the driveway & stick it back in the garage! SO- SCREW THOSE NEIGHBORS!! If I want to blow the dust off of my speakers + the shingles off the neighbors roof once in a while with a Phase Linear 700 WOPL, I'm not doing anything different than them, except my dog doesn't bark all day because I pay attention to my faithful Boxer dog and I don't just throw her outside every morning+ let her in at night.
HA HA HA‼️ I LOVE IT‼️
I hope you don’t live in an apartment, your landlord will kick you out post haste!​
I live on a three acre plot and still get comments, but not complaints

Last edited: