Found On The McIntosh Facebook Page

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Just imagine if Apple was in the High End audio business what there prices would be.
If apple made high end audio……would probably be a one box solution, very well made, everything will work properly, reasonably priced and easy to use but…………it will have no soul.

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Belongs in Liberace’s audio room…
Usually your first response/gut reaction to the aesthetics of a piece of gear is the unvarnished truth.

Although I'm predisposed to like anything DD does 'cuz of his track record...but when the photo popped up all I could think of was no way I could pull this off sitting between the speakers...but Rusty Chaddick could!

You see, in high school Mr. Chaddick was our homegrown Ferris Bueller -- actually, he predated the movie, so by rights Ferris was Chicago's version of Oak Park's Rusty. Anyway, no matter how outre something was, he could pull it off effortlessly. Sh!t, he wasn't even trying to garner attention from the rest of us, he was just in his own valence band way, way out there. He raced dirt bikes, dated the girls that didn't give you eye contact (much less the time of day) ...and even his car was cool. Made the Marlboro Man look like a poseur - you get the idea.

What does this have to with DD's over-the-top amp styling? Well, at my senior prom Mr. Chaddick wore the only pair of shoes I remember from my entire high school era -- a pair of black & white platform shoes, replete with clear plexi bottom that had live goldfish in water sloshing about inside.

And he pulled it off, as usual, without trying. While I remember the majority of the engine bays in the high school parking lot...but only 1 pair of shoes says it all. Rusty could own those amps...and for some inexplicable reason...they would also be cool.

Some things aren't meant to be understood.

Attachments

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Speaking of Apple Elon Musk will soon open a show room in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China

Last edited: