Former carver owner now PL

Owned a dozen carver amps ranging from m1.0t mkii opt2 , m4.0t and even a tfm4.0..had carver preamps too. C1/ 2000.

liked it all but for some reason i like the sound of this Phase linear more. I sold all my carver gear but picked up a PL set local. My amp has an issue now but im running the pl2000 series 2 on my carver pm900 and well it still has that warm sound.

anyone else use both carver and pl ?

im really considering going down that pl path like i did with the carver. Or maybe ill just use the preamp. My integrated does 500 rms x2. I may see if i can use the pl with its amp.

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
I'm running a C1 pre into a WOPL 400 feeding 2 ESS Rock monitors front and 2 ESS AMT 1's back. Sounds fabulous. I intend to split the duty with another C1 and WOPL 700 eventually and have a true 4 channel setup. Might even add a Mini DSP and bi-wire. Trouble is finding the time to get it all done. Too many nights I just listen.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I'm running a C1 pre into a WOPL 400 feeding 2 ESS Rock monitors front and 2 ESS AMT 1's back. Sounds fabulous. I intend to split the duty with another C1 and WOPL 700 eventually and have a true 4 channel setup. Might even add a Mini DSP and bi-wire. Trouble is finding the time to get it all done. Too many nights I just listen.
4 speakers off the 1-400??

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Owned a dozen carver amps ranging from m1.0t mkii opt2 , m4.0t and even a tfm4.0..had carver preamps too. C1/ 2000.

liked it all but for some reason i like the sound of this Phase linear more. I sold all my carver gear but picked up a PL set local. My amp has an issue now but im running the pl2000 series 2 on my carver pm900 and well it still has that warm sound.

im really considering going down that pl path like i did with the carver. Or maybe ill just use the preamp. My integrated does 500 rms x2. I may see if i can use the pl with its amp.
I have had MANY amps and pre's from Carver. Great stuff but their amps can't hold a candle to the WOPL. If PL didn't exist, Carver would be my choice. There is many upgrades available for all the good stuff.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?

Good Lawd what kinda integrated you got that does 500 WPC ? I need one.

Vynuladikt

Journeyman
Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
4 speakers off the 1-400??
Yes, currently. It will run at mid meter constantly and just get mildly toasty. Should have a fan to push harder, but that is already 100db plus at my chair, so not necessary. Crystal clear till the fuse blows on the speakers if I push it too hard.