For Sale - Phase Linear 700 series 2

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
This is the one I really hate to part with. As you can see it has the wooden end caps/panels and all the original transistors in place. Unfortunately it's missing the transistor covers. BUT, those are all original Phase Linear branded power transistors. Cool as hell !!!

When I hooked it up it played as expected. Fortunately you can change the sensitivity for the LEDs and they appear to all be working fine. Cosmetically it's beautiful. Looking at the inside, it's box-stock.

I picked this one up on the east side of Charlotte with a couple of other pieces.
One of them was a Dual 1219 turntable for $25. It was sitting on the floor of his garage, covered in dust. (I saw it as I was leaving) When I set it on my kitchen table to start cleaning it up, a friggin Black Widow crawled out of it ! ! ! I sent the 1219 off to Bill Neumann at www.fixmydual.com for a good service. That guys really knows his stuff.

Attachments

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
Apparently I'd already taken off the wooden side panels when I took these pictures. I'll see if I can get pictures of them posted. Some of you would know that the side panels attach using existing screws and screw holes. The amp will also sit on the lower edges of those side panels when they're installed. I took them off as well as the front panel handles as they looked easy to damage in shipping if I'd left them installed.

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
Yeah, I'm thinking toward the upper end of that range. I already have this amp boxed up and ready to ship. There's almost no 'completed' 700 Ser. II sales on eBay for reference. The B models are over $1K and the current fully modded Ser. II examples are $2.2K and $3K. It's a lot of amp!

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
In case you're wondering the 700 series 2 is still for sale. I have to apologize that I don't keep up with the forum posts like I used to. Please PM me if needed. I'll try to keep recheck these postings more frequently.

I can post pictures of the side panels I removed for shipping. They just looked like a target for shipping damage if left attached.

I've had these 3 amps for almost 10 years and never put any of them into service. Best laid plans..... They're packaged in double corrugated boxes and surrounded with a minimum of 2 inches of EPS foam.