For Sale Nikko

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Somebody will take both of them or I'd ask what the pre is like.

I seriously want a pre.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I almost bought them. I am Pre and Amp poor. He may sell the pre. How much you want to pay? I can ask him. Nikko isn't bad at all do some research.

Larry

orange

Tagline
I'm still riding the edge of broke as usual, but I wanted to know more about the pre anyway, you know that.

They'll sell quickly. I don't see a lot of preamplifiers hereabouts and certainly not affordable for me either. I figure someday I'll get an Onkyo or ? but probably not a Yamaha, sorry, the C-60 I did have didn't work and maybe wasn't as simple as I wanted. It and the M-70 I was given for free (to sell so I could take care of myself, the Techwood gear was to give to a niece for her birthday...they were karaoke operators and husband-wife farmers on top of that)...don't I seem to have some nice friends?

I know it and don't take it for granted.

PS I just looked at Boise Craigslist and there's a Rotel RA-1312 for $300 (sigh)

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
The pre has a nice build. Focused and punchy sound, if my audio memory serves me. A general cleaning on the pots might be in order but nothing serious. These are old, meaning like anything else, caps are original. I never had trouble with these, been faithful backups for years. With a good antenna, the tuner is really luxurious sounding, in my opinion. I have too many things I'm not using.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I would like $200 for the set but I'd be fine with $150, buyer pays shipping. Thanks for listing Larry

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
This isn't the first time I've own Nikko separates. When I was short on cash, they have been good starting points. The Alpha II power amp, with the twin transformer, analog sweep meters, is a honey of amp on a budget and they appear from time to time. I used to have one and I regretted selling it but I had purchased a full Nakamichi stack which was amazing, lost after divorce.

I've thought about keeping these and buying an alpha II as I've seen a few lately, but I don't need 3 systems, and I really have my heart set on other upgrades.

speakerman1

Tagline
Nikko is I would say midfi. You want to horse trade. I might be able to get them that way? Any toys I have you would like? Which NAK stack?

Larry

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I'm going to let these go for $100. Keep in mind they are old, the pre turned way up there will be some hiss, although it is very high gain to begin with.

I'll try to get the deck out monday, I've been so busy and then we had a holiday. I don't think I want it back.

speakerman1

Tagline
I'm going to let these go for $100. Keep in mind they are old, the pre turned way up there will be some hiss, although it is very high gain to begin with.

I'll try to get the deck out monday, I've been so busy and then we had a holiday. I don't think I want it back.
Talk to me Oh Great one. I can not let them go for 100.00 to someone else. Are you talking about the Tandberg? I hear a horse in the back ground. LOL I do have some KT 88s. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline

Talk to me Oh Great one. I can not let them go for 100.00 to someone else. Are you talking about the Tandberg? I hear a horse in the back ground. LOL I do have some KT 88s. LOL

Larry

Hey never mind. LOL Was it a 1020? Dude I don't need any more decks for awhile. I was going to fix it. LOL And send it back. LOL

Larry

orange

Tagline
I understand that...packing boxes makes a MESS of a house.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Until things go away. I have an off site storage full of junk that needs to be emptied. I'm tired of paying $75 a month. The first year went well over the value of whats in it and its been 5 years now....

My goal is to get rid of most of it so I can shut it down, but I have to get rid of some things here.

It does pain me to get rid of original boxes and packing for any of my audio gear though.