For Sale: Carver TFM-15 Amplifier

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Carver TFM-15 *** $119.99 As-Is for parts or repair. Including shipping to USA ***

Carver TFM15 Specifications.jpg IMG_20170923_120526432.jpg IMG_20170923_112415836.jpg IMG_20171001_092811461.jpg IMG_20170923_112505104.jpg IMG_20171001_092958349.jpg IMG_20171001_093911883.jpg

This is a recently acquired project that I'm selling instead of completing because I switched to a PL700II.

Recent updates: Installed new upgraded power rail caps - Nippon Chemi-Con 15000µf 63v. Originals were 15000µf 50v marginal at best on 52v rails.

Installed new power cord.

Installed new blue LEDs.

Cleaned switches for proper functioning.

Condition: Meters do not work, but the new LEDs in them look great. Now blue, if you prefer a different color - white, yellow, red or green - I'll include any color LEDs you like.

Face of unit looks fairly good with scratches on top edge. Case has dents, scratches and missing paint. The inside could use a full cleaning too. On rear two binding posts missing top screw part, but bases are ok. Terminal sets A & B both output signal.

Volume controls and all switches work as they should.

Plays in both channels, but at high volume levels distortion indicates it needs something.

Includes Users Manual and Service Manual in pdf format.

**** It does not play flawlessly and the meters do not work. *****

I am selling it in 'As-Is' condition for parts or repair.

No Returns. All Sales Final.

Thought I would give people here first crack at it. It will be listed elsewhere in a few days.

These amps sound great when restored. Private message me or respond here if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks for looking. ò¿ò

Good reading for upgrades to this amp: http://www.adpslab.com/en/audio/upgrades/15-carver-tfm-15.html

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Why blue? I'm just asking because I had trouble reading the dial of my Kenwood tuner until I switched it back. It worked for Pioneer because the pointer was lit orange-red or yellow or something and the dials were high contrast. I just can't see tiny needles and unlit pointers that well without more contrast.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
This is the third color I've done them in, one yellow, one red and now the blue. The needles are so thin, you can't see them unless your close anyway. As for which color looks best, I think it depends on the colors of the other equipmet with them.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm looking from my bed, 9-10 feet away. I can see green, cool white and orange well, red too as long as the needle is dark and thick enough to see from a distance. I have astigmatism and myopia and it's left uncorrected (no glasses).

That's why I asked. Fluoroscan is large and moves without blurring and that's why I like that. THAT is white and colored filters define VFDs.

I can see the needle against the right background.

Last edited:

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The green reminds me of a Panasonic receiver from the 70s. Maybe not my first choice, but nice.