FLASH!!! Phase linear Face Plates Series ll

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
So I pulled the trigger today and ordered a run of OE style 400 series ll, 700 series ll and dual 500 series ll face plates.
they will be ready in Two to Three weeks delivery

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I am also getting a few with 400 plates with additional cut outs like the 700 so I can add stock on - off and meter switches

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
So I pulled the trigger today and ordered a run of OE style 400 series ll, 700 series ll and dual 500 series ll face plates.
they will be ready in Two to Three weeks delivery So order NOW

PM me if anyone wants to buy one or more. I will be posting on a couple other sites as well after a bit so you have the first go at it.
Count me in for (1) Dual 500 series II face plate.

Ed

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Glen,
Do the 400/700 seriesII have the rounded corners like the standard face plates?
There was a option available for a rack mount face plate with square corners.
Maybe this could be done on the next run?

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Glen,
Do the 400/700 seriesII have the rounded corners like the standard face plates?
There was a option available for a rack mount face plate with square corners.
Maybe this could be done on the next run?
thanks Mike

this lot is being made rounded corners and no slots.

Square corner with rack slots is possible

Last edited:

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
thanks Mike

this lot is being made rounded corners and no slots.

Square corner with rack slots is possible, just a matter of number that are wanted. There is a cost for each design change so that has to be spread over any amount ordered. I can probably get some done if their is enough demand in the future I would need pre-order for 6 units to do it now. If you let me know this weekend I may be able to add them to my order.
Something to consider.........

It has been a while since I worked on some Phase Linear 400, 700, and Dual 500/ D-500 series II rack mount equipment with the square corners. I can't say for sure how many Phase Linear made of these optional rack mount front panels with a countersink machined on the back of the front panel. The chassis was dimpled to match the front panel countersink which in turn used a countersink machine screw. This was in an effort to allow for flush mounting the amplifier in a rack.

When I get a chance I will ask Dean more about these rack mount front panels and post a follow-up.

Ed

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---

It has been a while since I worked on some Phase Linear 400, 700, and Dual 500/ D-500 series II rack mount equipment with the square corners. I can't say for sure how many Phase Linear made of these optional rack mount front panels with a countersink machined on the back of the front panel. The chassis was dimpled to match the front panel countersink which in turn used a countersink machine screw. This was in an effort to allow for flush mounting the amplifier in a rack.

When I get a chance I will ask Dean more about these rack mount front panels and post a follow-up.

Ed

Perry has the black square plates with drilled holes. He may be able to help supply this style , not sure though if he has them for sale, you would have to ask.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---

Ed

Ed I have one each 400 700 and 500 with gold plate , rounded corners and rack mount slots. The only ones that I have seen from the factory with square edges and rack holes are the Clair Brother amps. If you find out more from Dean that would be very interesting information
glen

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Hi Glen,
Just got off the phone with Ed.
Phase did offer a rack mount option for the series II amps but was not just a face plate change that you could sub
to the standard amp. I'll let Ed ad more once he talks to Dean.
cheers,
mike