Finally joined up

Roadie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
here, there and everywhere
pennysdad, I played at the State Theater in Melbourne for a week in '95 with Pacific Northwest Ballet outta' Seattle. The local crew had a very charming custom. Anyone who screwed up during the day had to buy a 'slab' (case) of beer. Then after the show we'd all sit center stage and shoot the breeze. If no-one screwed up, they'd draw straws.
I really loved Melbourne, I actually looked into immigrating. 'Course the IRS was on my case at the time....

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Welcome, Roadie! Glad to have another performing arts person here. Dance was 1/3 of my season each year at UT-Chattanooga. We managed to cram a lot of big companies on a 30x40 stage over the years and the crews were always the reason it happened. (I'll have to tell you sometime how hard we worked to keep Diavolo's "boat" afloat and rocking for one more show...)

pennysdad

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
pennysdad, I played at the State Theater in Melbourne for a week in '95 with Pacific Northwest Ballet outta' Seattle. The local crew had a very charming custom. Anyone who screwed up during the day had to buy a 'slab' (case) of beer. Then after the show we'd all sit center stage and shoot the breeze. If no-one screwed up, they'd draw straws.
I really loved Melbourne, I actually looked into immigrating. 'Course the IRS was on my case at the time....
I used to work as Stage manager at a venue in the early 80's, just around the corner from The State Theatre, but you'd often find me there back/side stage.
... and yes, a slab o' beer was the solution to many a problem. There were no rules n' regulations back then, and if it meant you had to hang by one arm from a lighting truss to get that last light focused, then that's what you did. These days, you can't go higher than two metres without being tethered. Everything is so regulated these days. We liked living on the edge.
Out of all the places I could've settled in, I ended up here in MEL. It really was the music capital back then. I'm actually from Adelaide which is in the next state over.

Roadie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
here, there and everywhere
Thanks, 20tajk7, Never, marco
Vynuladikt, I've made a several dozen batches of ale, I stopped when I moved back to Utah. It's too hard to find supplies and probably illegal here anyway.

Bob, I've never been to Chattanooga, but played at the TennPAC in Nashville just after it opened ('84?), had a wonderful time. I got to visit the Ryman and the New (then) Ole Opry during a taping session. I really love Country and Texas music from the 40's thru 60's. Patsy Cline, Bob Wills, Jimmie Rogers, Marty Robbins, Hank Williams, Chet Atkins... all the tunes my dad played when I was a kid.

By the way Lee, I lived in Riverton for a few years in the late 50's, my dad was prospecting for Uranium in Gas Hills.

Nav, I'm really feelin' the love around here now.... thanks

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
If it's to loud-You're too old!!
Hi Larry--Welcome to the best PL forum on the web. I'm in awe of the volume of knowledge that flows back and forth between the multitude of helpful guys that spend time here and share what they have learned over the years troubleshooting and repairing the audio equipment we all enjoy so much.