Finally I got a Phase Linear Amp!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice find, Carlos. Where do you plan to slot it in? You have lots of choices.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Carlos.......it can sound a whole lot better...is it fully comp??

Tagline
---
Carlos.......it can sound a whole lot better...is it fully comp??
I'm sure it could. This unit is original without the mods. I'm using it "as is" for a while until I get the time and money for a full mod. I have spend a lot lately buying pieces and have to take a break. I also found the Z 6000 I was looking for, plus the repair of some decks I got in here. My problem has always been the shipping charges. Living in PR means that the shipping cost is always an issue.

Carlos

Tagline
---
Nice find, Carlos. Where do you plan to slot it in? You have lots of choices.

Nando.
Well Nando. With all honesty, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with it. I have so many Crowns...but maybe I'll pair it with my Carver C 4000 and let see what happens. The problem is that now I want a 400's too and the beat goes on. I already have too many things here...

Tagline
---
A terrible affliction we have...

As you all know, I just got this beautiful PL 700 B II. It's in awesome condition. I just want to know how do you recommend to use the direct/coupled toggle switch on the back and waht does it does.

Thanks in adance for your enlightment. IMG_0589.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Direct position bypasses a cap and the amp theoretically will reproduce down to DC. The normal position throws an input cap in the way that acts as a hi pass filter that cuts off at 10 hz or so. Joe probably has a better grip on the frequency bandpass but that's in essence what it does...

Tagline
---
Direct position bypasses a cap and the amp theoretically will reproduce down to DC. The normal position throws an input cap in the way that acts as a hi pass filter that cuts off at 10 hz or so. Joe probably has a better grip on the frequency bandpass but that's in essence what it does...
Thank you! I'll try both, then!