Finally Got Us A Shrink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Jumped on him right away Lee....do you need to talk??

Welcome SB! (can't bring myself to say shrinkboy...you figure it out)

...Lord help us all...

shrinkboy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
hey guys

i think i created that screen name in the 90s when i was signing on to, i believe, ebay for the first time, and it has stuck. i also use on Audiokarma, where i've been for many years. i'm here because i have asked my AK friend jbeckva to help me out with WOPLing my PL400 Mk II, which i've owned for about 15 years.

it was in the hands of a local (Dallas) tech with whom i'd worked a good deal and had referred many friends to as well. he said he could certainly do the WOPL conversion and i believed him because i'd seen him do much good work, reliably and well, before. a strange, reclusive dude to be sure, but....

at some point while he had my amp, or maybe even before, he apparently had a major relapse of some kind, and i'm gonna guess it was meth, because after opening my amp, and maybe getting some stuff done, he stopped working on it, but continued to need money for 'parts' and etc. anyway, i pulled the plug after getting pretty well stung and starting looking around on AK for help, which is how i came to Jay. weirdly, i've not given up on the amp, a testimony my insanity.

i do believe its in good hands now, and i look forward to seeing its progress.

and, i have a long history with Phoenix, having traveled out there many, many times since the 80s when my mom retired there. my brother still practices law there and lives just off N Central near Maryland. i will be seeing him next weekend

thanks for all the welcomes, too!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It's rough in Texas, this much I have heard. Muy Loco.

NavLinear

Good to see you here SB - Phoenix is a laid back site with some good people. My understanding is the name came from the cassette tape that one of the founders was selling. Glad you posted and your amp is in very good hands. Jerry will make you and your amp happy. A Nav welcome babe - hope you lick, I mean like her.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome aboard. Jerry will get you set straight on your PL 400. Too bad you had a bad experience with the other tech. Fortunately, you got the amp back.

Good thing your middle initial in your username isn't "O." That would make you a mean SOB.

Nando.