Fathers Day

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Happy Fathers day to one and all. I am very sure I won't be wished that blessing. I had one of my customers email me and wish it to me. His Father just died and I take that as an honor that he thought of me. I don't run Phoenix as a usual business. Just as I don't run my life as most do. I get to know my customers. Might be the wrong way to do it; but I feel better doing it that way.

Happy Fathers Day
Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And the best part of being a Dad?? bein a Grandpa!!!! That's the fun and pay back period, i have a blast with mine!! My kids think I'm onery now.......wait till i teach the new ones what onery is all about.
Happy fathers Day Guys!!! Enjoy, it's our day!~!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
My dad is 84 years old. Three weeks ago he had a power saw accident while he was cutting firewood at the wood sort. The chainsaw kicked back and cut him across his nose. He had the same incident happen a year ago, but this time he required surgery. So, last year for Father's Day I bought him all the proper safety gear to wear and use: hard hat and visor, anti-vibration gloves, kevlar chaps, and a first aid kit to clip to his belt. When he told my mom he was going out to cut wood for the first time this year, she asked him to wear the safety equipment I gifted him. He told her he wouldn't be long, so he didn't bother taking any of it at all. I didn't embarrass him, after his 2 day hospital stay, by reminding him he could have prevented or minimized his injury if he would have worn the proper gear. It took 15 stitches and some minor plastic surgery to patch him up. The old bugger was so intent on loading his truck with the wood blocks, he used a shop rag to hold his nose together while he finished throwing the rest of the wood into the truck box before driving himself to the hospital.

Dads can be stubborn and my dad is no exception. This year he gets the usual card, lottery ticket, and word jumble book. I got him a nice three shelf rolling tool tray/caddy so he won't lose any more tools while he's working on the Datsun Roadster.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Remind me of myself, i love him already, drove myself to the hospital a lot, after finishing the job. You should know me well Nando, Bless you and your Dad.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
As great as those Fathers tales are (awesome actually :thumbup: :thumbup: )

I can only add my terror for the drive to the Doc tommorrow with Pa, he has to be the absolute Worst man behind the wheel EVER... "Hey look at that dumbass stopped 4 feet behind the stop sign, whatdoyasay son, lets give her a nudge!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DAD PLEASE NO !!!! left and right foot planted firmly in the passenger side footwell !! :lichmalignus: :whax: :lichmalignus: Gotta love'm :love4:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Stuwee, your dad probably hasn't had an accident in years. My dad hasn't had one all of my life. I feel I'm a better driver than him, yet, I managed to total his car at age 17. It was a hit-and-run... I hit the rock wall, then ran to the pay phone!

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
laatsch55 said:
Pay phone?? do they still have em?????
He's in CANADA ya dumbass!! Oh yeah? Get off?? EH>>??

@ Nando, sorry 'bout thaat.... :lol: , Dad hasn't had an accident in years, he just nudges... :shock: , still scarey to be a passenger with, and I've been to NASCAR races where the drivers were nicer :cheers: :mrgreen: :cheers: