Ever wondered how much fun it would be to sort out 4000+ 7" singles.......

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
I can answer that...not much!

Last month i was looking for a track, an odd track from 1979, couldn't find it in my main indexed stuff.... Eureka! it must be in my man cave, It was then i realised how many boxes of 7" singles i have amassed in 40 years....

So grab all 22 boxes, sort them all into rough A-Z order, add them to my database, then fine sort them.... Uuuurgh...

That took care of November... Am i the only sad hoarder out there ( You do not not have to answer that ! )

PC

Attachments

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Digitize 'em and move on...in my case, I have so few seven-inch singles that I can hold all of them in one hand. I suppose that makes me a happy hoarder.

George S.

What? How? Why? Singles? Were you in the juke box business? Well your not alone, knew someone in junior high who had hundreds if not not a thousand DooWap singles. Brilliant guy, always in the gifted student program, just crazy over 50s singles. Carry on, nothing weird to see here.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
It was a while ago, in the late 1980's but I cleaned and recorded onto cassette about 300 7" 45's a friend, ten years older than me, left behind in Scotland. His brother was bringing them back after visiting his mom and sis. It was all rock & roll, mostly from the 1950's but some early 60's.

I voluntered to do it in advance basically just to listen to some of the stuff that was going round in the UK back then. But had no idea how many there were going to be. I thought maybe a couple of dozen or so. That project took me about six months.

George S.

Digital has just spoiled me. Can cue up some files, sit back, take a nap, never have to get up to flip the flippen record. Think I have approximately 600 albums on a 500 gb hard drive with plenty of capacity left. Yup, backed up on three different computers, the garage system, the computer/electronics bench room, and the media room. I put the operating system on a SSD, then the music files and other important files on additional mechanical hard drives. My garage system will hold 4 hard drives, the others 3. Easy to reinstall Windows that way, and backup a new music or video file to the other machines thru wireless file sharing on the home network.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
That was a huge undertaking, Shaun. I have a number of 7" singles - probably something on the order of 150. I almost bought a Seeburg jukebox loaded with singles from the 60's to 70's. It was just too large. The value of the records was most likely worth more than the Seeburg.

Hey, once it's done as far as organizing, it's much easier to keep it organized, if you add more records. I'm interested in how many titles you have in the Q and Z sections and which letter designation has the most records.

Nando.