Ever seen his bad boys before?

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
jlevro said:
http://www.electronluv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
many thanks jlevro! :cheers: Welcome to the forums :thumbleft:

"Electron Luv is the culmination of years of dreaming and listening. The heart and soul behind Electron Luv is Josh Stippich, who brings his unique vision to audio. Josh had a small recording studio, which has given him critical experience in the art of listening and recording.
Josh's Design Philosophy to seek out the ultimate aesthetic/musical quality in audio In the pursuit of the best reproduction of recorded music, the audio world is populated with many outstanding products. ElectronLuv use the best sounding tubes, components, and circuits possible and builds the most creative looking chassis' possible, as well as using vacuum tubes that look as good as they sound, and present them prominently and artfully.
A 'no compromises' and organized chaos approach to the circuit design and parts, together with a completely fresh and creative way to house them is the basic design goal. These amplifiers, preamplifiers, guitar amps, horns, (speakers) speaker drivers and turntables are designed and built from a standpoint of extensive listening... what does this sound like, what does that tube, choke or rectifier sound like. This results in an understanding of the sonic consequences of each and every part in the circuit, and the contribution that each component makes to the resulting tonal and musical reproduction" Larry, pay attention......he's talkin' synergy here......and good looks as well.....

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
.he's talkin' synergy here

No he isn't he is talking about component matching. That is why you match tubes and such.
In aviation. Components have to fall into a certain parameter or they can't be used. It isn't synergy. They also have to fall into a certain parameter between the 2 components.

In audio if you have been in it awhile you know what is good by doings readings and such. If that don't work then back to the bench till you get what you want. Some of these guys that build and design this stuff can look at a circuit and tell you what it will sound like.

I mean people have to put a label on anything they can't explain. OK lets say there is synergy. What if the 2 components don't sound good? Is that non-synergy?

Ok then all my systems have synergy. Has nothing to do with how they were built? Let us just agree to disagree.

Larry

PS I really just don't get it. What was it before people used the word synergy. In the 70s. You never heard synergy.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Dude, like ya know .. we can .. ya know ... like make sumthin up.. ya know ... if ya ...want. ..I been in jail.. in ... a.. lot ... of ... countries ya know.... like ... ya knw when someone....tries to tell ya... this copper .....wire sounds... different from this...one ya know....like ....maybe this wire ...was like ya know ......wound left.....instead of up...ya know......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
speakerman1 said:
.he's talkin' synergy here

No he isn't he is talking about component matching. That is why you match tubes and such.
In aviation. Components have to fall into a certain parameter or they can't be used. It isn't synergy. They also have to fall into a certain parameter between the 2 components.

In audio if you have been in it awhile you know what is good by doings readings and such. If that don't work then back to the bench till you get what you want. Some of these guys that build and design this stuff can look at a circuit and tell you what it will sound like.

I mean people have to put a label on anything they can't explain. OK lets say there is synergy. What if the 2 components don't sound good? Is that non-synergy?

Ok then all my systems have synergy. Has nothing to do with how they were built? Let us just agree to disagree.

Larry

PS I really just don't get it. What was it before people used the word synergy. In the 70s. You never heard synergy.

Oh Yeah we did, it was called GROOVY, everything was groovyyyyyyyy...............

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Anyone claiming to understand "each component (part)" is fooling themselves. In this day and age designers build with prejiduced (sp) ideas borrowed from those who've gone before. If I built a "nakdoc signature 77" it'd have single point electrical and mechanical grounding, respectfully stolen from Goldmund, non-polar mylar caps respectfully stolen from John Curl who first let us know about caps, and wide bandwidth, ala Spectral and many others. I trust that THEY understood that stuff. All I would do is decide what sounds best, but heck, I don't have to understand it all.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
nakdoc said:
Anyone claiming to understand "each component (part)" is fooling themselves. In this day and age designers build with prejiduced (sp) ideas borrowed from those who've gone before. If I built a "nakdoc signature 77" it'd have single point electrical and mechanical grounding, respectfully stolen from Goldmund, non-polar mylar caps respectfully stolen from John Curl who first let us know about caps, and wide bandwidth, ala Spectral and many others. I trust that THEY understood that stuff. All I would do is decide what sounds best, but heck, I don't have to understand it all.
Man, I always tried "back when" to understand it all. I still remember when I was about 12 asking my ole man how the heck a transistor works and him drawing in the sand (we were at the beach). Made it my goal to understand (fully) how computers computed.

Nowadays I look at what Intel's doing with their CPU's (yah.. now they actually are making chip circuits in THREE dimensions!). And I realize.. someone was waaaaaaaay smart to think that stuff up to begin with.

And then I just throw a hard drive out with the trash and get a new one.. heheh... :thumbright:

Same thing with audio, but what make ya good is how many times you can try it yourself and blow stuff up, then learn from mistakes.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I'm gonna cry Jerry great story, a long time ago......My Gramps was an engineer, he'd set me on his lap with a schematic of stuff and try to explain it to me, I was about 4 or 5, he had the Pilot console on (it's mine now :cheers: ) I was the only kid to comment on how great it sounded and asked why. He would try to explain how he changed this or that (tubes I think), my silly wha? look never stopped him. Later he tried to explain those things to me, and all I wanted to do was swim in the lake or go fish'n. I wish I'd listened better.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
My Dad was cruel. I asked him about electricity one day when he was working on the gas generator. He asked do you want to learn. I said yes. He said grab hold of me. I didn't know what he was doing all I remember is the next second I was on the ground. He goes now that is electricity. While I had hold of him. He pulled the spark plug wire and held onto it and cranked the generator. It was a very fast lesson I must say.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I made the mistake of telling my dad i wanted to learn how to swim, BOOM, in the pool I go. Learned just before it looked like i was drowning.