Ed Blackwood Builds a WOPL!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yes folks, Ed has got about all the pieces in place to make a killer amp. And I figure if I screw up the details enough he'll have to join and post. He's a very meticulous type of feller, just not one to pic and post, and that's so sad cause I'm sure he's got some tricks we haven't seen yet, huh Ed???

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Hey Ed - how are you doing? We sure would like to see some of the tricks you've learned along the way of working with the PL hardware.

By chance have you used the board holder? Any changes you'd like to see? I'm trying to bait you out of hiding if you didn't notice. :happy2:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Can someone enlighten me as to who Ed is? I'm fairly certain he's the "Ask Ed" guy, but whats his deal?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
He lives next door to Dean Nissan, the last factory techninian at Phase Linear. Ed moved next to door to him and started started fixing PL stuff 25 years ago. He's VERY good at what he does and just a super nice guy and and a walking history book on the Northwest music and club scene and audio industry. I think the shortest phone call we've had is an hour and a half. He tells a great story. He started renting PA systems to local bands and wound up being a sound guy for a few years. He has researced PL history a lot and was instrumental in getting the reunions off the ground. His day job is at Boeing, works the calibration lab, very meticulous man...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Nav, keep it up, talked to Ed today........................HE BOUGHT A CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yes, yes and yes...probably not till it's done. And until then, I sincerely hope for some help in convincing Ed to do just that!!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
You can lead a horse to the camera store but you can't make him take pictures :mrgreen: