Ebay: Shipping internationally?

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I've used ebay here and there over the years, but I've never shipped internationally.
Could I please get a little advice from you folks about that? I think a well packaged phono cartridge could make it just about anywhere.

Thank You!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
At the moment, NO.

Which cart?

NavLinear

I can't help you with what makes the most sense with a shipping company to Thailand but you should be able to package that in a small box that is impervious to a large elephant stepping on it and it should be light weight to boot.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Orange. Would you be interested in a Pioneer integrated 6500II? Needs a little TLC but it works & has nice cosmetics.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I've used ebay here and there over the years, but I've never shipped internationally.
Could I please get a little advice from you folks about that? I think a well packaged phono cartridge could make it just about anywhere.

Thank You!
I ship internationally all the time Joe. I use International Small Flat Rate Priority for many shipments, it is $23.95 per shipment. For other shipments under 13 ounces I ship Intl USPS First Class.

Both work very well. The USPS web site has made vast strides in the last 6 months and you can ship right off their website and pay with PayPal. For Priority shipments, they will even pick up at your door if the package is too large for your mailbox.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm in your inbox.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
So shipping $25 isn't bad. But I discovered it's closer to $40 -$45 if you want tracking & more insurance. I don't think ebay without tracking is a good idea...

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
You're all correct. Having worked for eBay for a number of years I have to mention that tracking will likely only be good until that package is handed off to the next country's postal system. Insurance is likely the same story. Only good as long as the USPS has their hands on it. You might ask the buyer if they have suggestions to insure their package arrives safe and sound. UPS and Fedex are likely more expensive but may be more secure.
The other issue is Customs Duty in the foreign country. There's the additional cost TO THE BUYER and customs can be a black hole at times, sucking up merchandise w/o a trace. I used to ship a lot of merchandise into Brazil and wound up using a smuggler simply because it was more secure and my merchandise actually arrived! Most of the time this all comes off w/o a hitch. You just need to do your due diligence.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hey Joe, I bought my current cart from Australia one of the last NOS Shure V's on the planet, all was good! On the reverse side on shipping out, I've heard horror stories from sellers to 'certain countries', this varies alot so 'grain of salt' here! Thailand has come up as a problem before..."I never received item...Bad Seller!!" "Ebay gets involved and your hard earned rep is shot to hell. So, I ask how bad do you want to sell it? Is it possible to sell here in the US or Canada? I hate to shoot down other countries because of a few nasty pricks but, such is the world we live in, good luck with your sale!!