Earbuds

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yes Nikki. She had a bunion removed 5 months ago and still has an open sore the size of your thumb, and no bone healing yet due to infection. It's a bad situation...

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have several earbuds, including a nice Shure unit, but can't seem to sell or give them away. Headphones of all kinds seem to be such a personal thing...

George S.

Found 4 sets of Koss and Radio Shack headphones (the big old ones) in my mother in law's house cleaning it out because she's going to a assisted care facility (memory care). Yup, no one wanted them, including me.

mlucitt

You can't have my Sennheiser HD600 headphones. The realism of the sound is scary. Many times I have closed my eyes, turned slightly left to look the bass player (Wolfgang Van Halen, Gezzer Butler, or maybe John Paul Jones) in the eyes; and then turned to my right to see Eddie, Tony, or Jimmy Page looking back at me.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
You can't have my Sennheiser HD600 headphones. The realism of the sound is scary. Many times I have closed my eyes, turned slightly left to look the bass player (Wolfgang Van Halen, Gezzer Butler, or maybe John Paul Jones) in the eyes; and then turned to my right to see Eddie, Tony, or Jimmy Page looking back at me.
I'm reminded of the sig I used to use on Head-Fi: "One set of Stax, two sets of Senns...and I'm lost in the ozone again." These days, I almost never use headphones...or visit Head-Fi.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I picked up some Apple Earpods (sans buttplug) a month or so ago. Good for phone calls/text dictation/Siri, bad for music, and they get uncomfortable quickly. The idea was when my hands are full I could answer the damn phone........

NavLinear

Do you have one for me? :eek:

These are a little different than an earbud, but by all accounts they are fantastic for $50. ASR ranked them very highly and maybe better than some they sell for $500. I'm not and IEM user but if I was these would be the ones I would get, and I understand people were pretty blown away with these.

https://a.co/d/crOx7Wc

porkchop61

New Around These Parts
My Wife and I both bit the bullet and had the custom IEM’s made for us by Ultimate ears. We only got the two driver (balanced armature), I think they go up to six now! A little expensive at about $400, but they obviously fit perfectly. They are the only things I use with my portable digital playback devices. Very comfortable, and most importantly they sound great.

We went to an audiologist to get the impressions made, but I see they now do scanning.

Im also a guitar player, and hobbyist drummer so it’s great for hearing protection.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
My Wife and I both bit the bullet and had the custom IEM’s made for us by Ultimate ears. We only got the two driver (balanced armature), I think they go up to six now! A little expensive at about $400, but they obviously fit perfectly. They are the only things I use with my portable digital playback devices. Very comfortable, and most importantly they sound great.

We went to an audiologist to get the impressions made, but I see they now do scanning.

Im also a guitar player, and hobbyist drummer so it’s great for hearing protection.
I'll be interested in your thoughts in a couple of months. I like my Beyer headphones a lot but I think a good set of plugs might be better for travel. I'm going to take a pair of Apple buds to the hospital with me for now but I can see good earbuds being very useful camping where the larger headphones are likely to get broken or just in the way during travel.

porkchop61

New Around These Parts
I always bring mine on the plane for travel or vacation. I used to always bring my Bose Quiet Comfort headphones, but they are obviously a lot bigger.

Is the “couple of months” for your experience, or are you speaking of mine?
I‘ve had the UE IEM’s for about six years now, no complaints.