Dream Deck

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Well this has been on my mind awhile. Let's hear some ideas. Just remember each idea costs more money. LOL We can go anywhere you think would make a good deck. What caps,meters and so on.

Larry

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Here are a couple things that I like:

Meters: Really partial to those nice on the nicer Teac/Tascam stuff.

Pitch Control: I really like pitch control so I don't have to retune to play along with the tape.

Memory Points: A couple memory points to quickly goto.

Transport: I like the nice and easy movement of the head assembly, although the clunk of a relay/solenoid has it's charm. Ha, maybe smooth transport with a dummy solenoid that doesn't do anything except add the charm.

Noise Reduction: HX-pro or something similar.

Speed: Usually only use the standard speed. However, if there is a second speed it should have enough pitch control to match all of the other two speed decks.

FF/Rew: Super fast fast forward and rewind times.

Front Panel: How about a front panel that looks similar to the Vintage receivers, cool lights, lighted switches, things that go bump in the night.... (that one is for Stuwee)

I am sure there are more....

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Here is an interesting deck with some neat things:

TEAC AL-700 ELCASET DECK

Shoot, can't find the photo...... :(

Ahh, found this from CL:
[attachment=0:kmlpoagp]CL_Elcaset.jpg[/attachment:kmlpoagp]

Robert

Attachments

styx

Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
Well this has been on my mind awhile. Let's hear some ideas. Just remember each idea costs more money. LOL We can go anywhere you think would make a good deck. What caps,meters and so on.

Larry
One that works! :lol:

speakerman1

Tagline
There would be no NR. It is a PB deck only and I don't like to pay people to use their name. I use no NR at any time. And Styx that would be nice.

Larry

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
There would be no NR. It is a PB deck only and I don't like to pay people to use their name. I use no NR at any time. And Styx that would be nice.

Larry
Why PB only??? Is this to more or less be like a CDP? Is this to be ultra cheap or going for the other end of the market?

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
How about this idea? Hydraulic drives for capstan and reel tables. The Sony BSL reel motors would be a pretty fair compromise, or even the Pioneer CT 8 reel motors (an underappreciated deck if there ever was one!)

speakerman1

Tagline
What about no belts DD, Dual Capstan. Belts are a pain in the butt. Adjustable Azimuth and pitch. That way you can accommodate any cassette recorded on any deck?

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
laatsch55 said:
Trying to be all things to all people make you crazy Larry.

He already is, so no worries there. :cyclops: I'd like DD and quartz locked speed with a pitch overide like the Pioneer 1250 deck. Open well deck also wit ha cool aluminum head cover for when not in use, kinda like the Silver Pioneers hint hint.

speakerman1

Tagline
That was my intention. An open bay in the center. My Yamaha has an open bay and a cover. For a transport I found a donor deck. One day I will get all my decks fixed and where they are suppose to be. This deck is under appreciated also.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Yes I am watching it.

Larry