DIY can be a pain, literally...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I am 'blessed' with the spirit to fix things up and cursed with never having the right tools there for me and where I can find them.

So I improvise and do things the hard way.

Case to wonder about: Caster replacement. You have working single wheel models that are too small and won't roll under the weight asked of them. Go to the hardware store and buy 2" dual wheeled castors...remove old and use old screw to attach the new, right? Simple.

Had no screwdriver drill bit. Couldn't find the right Phillips hand driver. It came down to taking both hands at an angle and moving my whole body to turn the screws and driving a lond slotted one into the wodd and under to pry it up little by little until each one would come out. Spent an hour at that.

The old 1" were on a rectangular base and the new ones are SQUARE. I moved them forward to the inside pairs and at least two sorta went in but it was hard. Now I had no holes for the other pairs. some combination of hammering and twisting simultaneously was needed (like an impact wrench only just ME)

It took a long time but the wheels are on, roll just great and I adjusted the glass door and put the magnetic catch back on the door. I'm locating the two missing shelf hangers and trying to finish reloading and putting it in place.

Somehow I managed to find a long glass SLIVER near my bed and put it almost 1/3 of an inch at the front of my foot. It took 30 seconds to carefully manoever and safely remove it, which got me to bawling a little before I accomplished this. Antibacterial bath soap and a wiping with 70% isopropyl alcohol, triple antibiotic lotion and bandaging and then I put a sock over the bandaid and gauze and turned the cabinet back over.

It was Pyrex from a bowl I am certain. Plates only for a while.

I only need to remove tape residues and polish it up,

I need to sleep...

orange

Tagline
PS Nothing broke off in there, I'm okay.

orange

Tagline
I'm Type II diabetic. My toolbox has plenty of artificial sweeteners but I was out of Flavor/Kool Aid until today.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
stuwee said:
I always keep mine handy, in case the authorities start to close in...... :cyclops:

(Jonestown)

Awwww your just Jonesing us Jim. We know you keep the rat poison far away from your Kool aid. :reindeer:

orange

Tagline
When you live somewhere in the Sonoran Desert, the rats are buddies and neighbors.