Digital Dissident.....

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
I can't start this thread without mentioning our friend Daren from Great Britain (formely known as Dazen1 on Tapeheads), and it reminds me of the "dissidents thread" which was tremendous fun!

What we have here is my latest tool: (and look what happened in all those years......)

A Sony PCM-M10 digital recorder and player, and you can say this piece of modern technology is the new WM-D6C......

I will use this Sony PCM-M10 mainly as a portable audioplayer because I was never satisfied by all those plastic alike mp3 players on the market. The specs. of this little device are on a professional level and maybe I will use it as a source for upcoming mixtapes as well. (a 96/24 WAV file as a source to put on tape can't be bad.....)

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Seeing that nearly all of my MP3s came Web Police...YEAH.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Wave is awesome;
and I approve of this miracle device!
:p

I can't start this thread without mentioning our friend Daren from Great Britain (formely known as Dazen1 on Tapeheads), and it reminds me of the "dissidents thread" which was tremendous fun!

What we have here is my latest tool: (and look what happened in all those years......)

I will use this Sony PCM-M10 mainly as a portable audioplayer because I was never satisfied by all those plastic alike mp3 players on the market. The specs. of this little device are on a professional level and maybe I will use it as a source for upcoming mixtapes as well. (a 96/24 WAV file as a source to put on tape can't be bad.....)

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Great little device Miles! I'm sure your tapes will sound just great sourced from it, wave files rocks and i use them all the time for sourcing tapes :p

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
OK, now I want a Sony PCM-M10. I like the looks of it and the ability to record at high resolution, too. Nice pic as always Miles.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Need to figure out a lot of things about this device, but for now: Amused To Death by Roger Waters is sounding fantastic as a WAV on this little wonder!

It plays all the tracks gapless.....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Miles: The reviews I have read so far are very favourable for this recorder. Prices vary in the $250+ range. Did you buy yours recently?

Nando.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
How loud can it get? When I ask I am referring to those typical mp3 players that have been volume limited (strangled?) by a few consumer protection laws here and there. Can barely hear 'em while mowing, whereas I remember having my Dad's WM TPS L2 blasting Iron Maiden loud and clear.

Miracle Mile

How loud can it get?
This Sony drives all headphones coming from my armoury that I tried to teeth loosening levels! But you may not compare it to an older Walkman.. (that feels the same like comparing a Spaceshuttle to a Cessna 172.. :toothy10: )

Last edited:

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Great and convenient device Miles, no heads and belts to wear but just music in best playback condition all the time and everywhere and this is great! :thumbleft:

Anyway i like your Sony walkie cassette too :p

Miracle Mile

Great and convenient device Miles, no heads and belts to wear but just music in best playback condition all the time and everywhere and this is great! :thumbleft:

Anyway i like your Sony walkie cassette too :p
Heads? Belts? .....

Ow! That must be the reason I didn't found the BIAS adjust on it so far.......

:cyclopsani:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
How loud can it get? When I ask I am referring to those typical mp3 players that have been volume limited (strangled?) by a few consumer protection laws here and there. Can barely hear 'em while mowing, whereas I remember having my Dad's WM TPS L2 blasting Iron Maiden loud and clear.
Until you hit something (missing sprinkler, rock) and the dang blade goes WHANG! followed by either the mower stalling or you might startle and push down to lift the front and pull back with a mighty cloud of stinky smoke and a HI-O WTF???

Miracle Mile

Until you hit something (missing sprinkler, rock) and the dang blade goes WHANG! followed by either the mower stalling or you might startle and push down to lift the front and pull back with a mighty cloud of stinky smoke and a HI-O WTF???
Huh? (hier begrijp ik geen zak van......) :toothy10: