Didn't see this coming...

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
I work nights and sleep during the day. When I woke I discovered my house had been broken into. Nothing appeared to have been stolen but the front door had been kicked in and the back door was left ajar. I sleep with the bedroom door closed and never even heard them. Fortunately they didn't grab any of my guns. I guess they didn't think they could run down the street carrying shotguns and rifles without raising suspicion. The policeman said apparantly they didn't see anything they wanted. I feel very lucky.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
jbeckva said:
That's frickin' scary! Did they lose their nerve? Nothing taken? Wow!

No "x-box" or "ipods" visible, maybe? :cheers:
See that's what I was thinking. I don't own an X-box or ipod (Hell, Ive never owned a cell phone). 5000 record albums is too much to make a quick getaway with. On the other hand my checkbook was on the arm of the couch along with a box of blank checks. I figure it must be kids. The policeman said that most of the trouble in my neighborhood is teenagers. He also said there are 2 different gangs in the area. I still feel quite fortunate that it ended the way it did. Could have been so much worse.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
They may have been checking it out and will be back. You never know.

Larry
That was why I didn't go to work last night. I still think the whole deal was pretty bold. Breaking in in daylight with my truck in the drive. It must have happened a few hours before I woke up because there were no footprints in the snow.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Do you have an alarm system? They have the cheap ones you can just hang on your door knob I think. I have a system; but I asked my ins. company how much I would save. They said 30.00 a year. It cost that much a month for the service.

Dude I love where I live. My doors are never locked and in the summer I leave my garage door open with all the audio in there.

Crack heads don't think neither do meth heads. They are looking for the next buzz cheap.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Glad you're all ok, that's some scary shit, I had an Akita, never had a problem when I lived in crack-central down here. I put a curse on them for ya, they should be itching in their nether regions 'bout now.... :angryfire: hope they're in a public place.