Denon SL-5DFF - Do you know anything about this tt?

Makymak

Journeyman
Where the sun meets the rocks and the sea
Hello Phoenix! First post after my introduction!

Some time ago, I was gifted two Denon SL-5DFF turntables. One in working condition, the other for parts. I repaired the faulty, so I have both two working. The first has a Shure M91ED cartridge with an aftermarket stylus and the other has a Stanton 681EEE mk1 with the 6800EEE stylus.

The problem is that I can't find any information for the turntables. I can easily find for the similar looking SL-51DFF but nothing for mine.

Anyone knows anything? The person who gave me the tts is the original owner but can't remember a lot cause it's almost 35 years he bought them. He never was a "specs freak" so all the years he owned them, the only thing was important to him, was to deliver any sound.

The time I got them, I had only 4 LPs. For me and my ignorance, the sound of the vinyl was inferior of any other medium. I thought there isn't anything better than digital. How wrong I was...
Now I have a growing collection of LPs and my CDs are simply collecting dust...

Attachments

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
It may be a market specific branding/model number that is otherwise identical to a more common number.

My Kenwood KD-5070 table is somewhat common but they had an (uncommon) version with wood veneer over the concrete, the KD-5077. They are identical other than the badge and surface finish.

Try Vinyl Engine for documentation.

Makymak

Journeyman
They can run on both 110/220V as stated on the label. I'm in Europe so 220-240V/50Hz. I guess the frequency isn't a major problem since the strobe is designed to tune with both 50 & 60Hz. I don't think the driver for the DD motor would have any problem with the frequency since it supports both voltages. I can't be sure, of course.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
That is weird but in a good way. I have not seen that either, wonder if it was a specific run to commemorate something? Maybe post it over on Vinyl Engine and see if someone recognizes it there.

Makymak

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies!

Well, it's a strange story. Anyway, I'm happy with them. They work exceptionally well and I'm thankful for having them (for free!).

The Stanton 681EEE is a great cart btw
Good to know! Thank you! I'm not an expert but indeed this cart sounds amazingly good to my ears, while the Shure is very good but lacks on transferring the details.

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
I have a Stanton 681EEE as well, love it’s ability to get the tiny details and ambiance. Close race between it and a Shure V15 with a Shibata