DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Here's a pic of the complete dust cover, this is the tapered arm version, and the anti-skate feels right....
Ah shoot, you could work that back out, maybe?

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Can't believe there are two watchers....$23,000...they can shove it up their uumpa.
It's in Hong Kong- did they make a typo and mistake dollars for yen?

$1200 for shipping- I guess he's gonna carry it in his lap on the plane flight.

Also- a record in my collection was listed for nearly $400, and was available through discogs starting at $11 for VG+. Who do these sphincter rings think they are? (https://www.discogs.com/Arkangel-Warrior/master/495784)

EDIT: Mistakenly said it's in Japan instead of Hong Kong.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Hong Kong still has a dollar pegged to the US dollar.

With the way mainland China has been acting towards them lately, maybe that's their ticket to get the f--- out of town.

orange

Tagline
Lee,
Here is some info I found on the Black Widow. I wish I still had mine.
If you need a cover made, let me know if interested and we can workout the details.

View attachment 27010

Boy, that's mystic stuff to me. It's like Dubya not being able to just say ATOMIC instead of that damned Nuculer.

Cool indeed.

orange

Tagline
That's good! It would be a shame to think things have gone so far downhill since my Philips GA-202...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
What an incredible stroke of luck my friend, you've been talking about this rig since this site started...and now it's in your grubby hands again!!! :iconbiggrin:

Do not mess with those cart to arm wires until you figure out if your just replacing the stylus or getting another cart.

We'll turn ya into a vinyl fiend :twisted: :happy3: :twisted:

I'm sooo freakin' happy for you :thumbright:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks Bud, I'm pretty excited about still having it. We were doing a lot of drugs back then, that's all Jani and I can can figure out we forgot we had it instead of pitching it.....

Just Mike will be building a new dust cover( bless his heart) , and knowing Mike, it will be an excellent replacement...

orange

Tagline
Records are good for your body as well as your ears...I know, the weightlifting I did all summer moving mine probably made me strong as well as sore :thin:(I still try to brace myself to save my lower back when I have to sneeze)

But they are 100x better than the radio, and all I have is Bob or Elvis, no jazz.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Lee, Danimal1969 has a Black Widow on his Kenwood, you might PM him for cart recommendations. Our buddy Stuart (who will probably be joining here since he got a somewhat WOPL 700B) is the cart master and helped him find the best one for the Widow. It's a finicky arm

Last edited: