Dealing with ice storm

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well the boys with the big diesel toys finished up. Fallen tree clear of the driveway and the downed power lines. Power wire put back in place and line from pole to house restored. One day, in and out.

Tree company has to come back on non emergency basis to deal with the leaner that did not get taken care of. Bucket truck toy needed for that job.

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Well the boys with the big diesel toys finished up. Fallen tree clear of the driveway and the downed power lines. Power wire put back in place and line from pole to house restored. One day, in and out.

Tree company has to come back on non emergency basis to deal with the leaner that did not get taken care of. Bucket truck toy needed for that job.
Glad there was no structural damage to the house or any vehicles in your driveway Joe.
I live in the woods, and wind damage, and fallen trees are a regular occurrence here. Seems we have had so much more these past few years. Lots of storm damage. My lane is over a 1/4 mile long (1480 feet), with another 300 feet to the shop, so snow removal is a big deal for me.
I have a big hickory leaner here now. I'm leaving it until Spring. Have a good friend with a bucket, so will do it myself, but they are dangerous. Can't get to it with all of the snow. Have too much experience with that and I'm not getting any younger. Glad you got everything cleaned up.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
I was about 10 miles from the tornado that hit Deer Park Texas, the Houston suburb. My office wasn’t damaged but water was coming in around the foundation at our office due to the massive runoff from the roof. There’s a 480 V transformer right there that had a flex conduit sitting in water.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Lee, this classified material shit is killin me. We had to sign out any classified pubs, use the safe in the shop to keep the pub in if you had to go pee or eat and lord help you if you left it laying around. They would make an example of you quick for misuse. You couldn't make copies of the skizmos or test sequences/directions and they crawled up our families asses if you needed a clearance and they investigated you for one.... The pres/VP and any of these other ass-holes misusing our system is FUCKED..... It's no wonder the ruskies and chinee know what we have.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep...Dad had a pretty high clearance and he sweated it too. Our leadership is soooooo pitiful. Biden said in March there would be no tanks, planes or troops of ours....cause that would be WW III. I'm gobsmacked as to how thinghs are going right now. The woke mob won't be happy till it's all burnt down or everyone complies....guess they wont ever be happy. Like my oilfield buddy Vic says, "I'm 68 yrs old , worked 50 years in the oilfield and i don't mind dying on a pile of spent brass"...