DBX 200X or 400X program route selector

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
I'm just wondering what the difference is between the two models. It looks like they are the same except the 400X has pretty lights. So which one is better to have? Or are they a waste of money?

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I have 3 DBX200's hooked up at present. One has three 8 tack decks plugged into it, a second with three cassette decks and the third for two reel to reels. A 400 would have been neet because of the lights (I like lights & meters) but there are enough cords as it is. I can do without three additional AC cords just for the lights on switchers. I have the full line DBX brochure that does mention an ability the 400 has to make an encoded copy of a non-encoded tape depending on what signal processors are plugged into it. No interest here in doing that so for me the difference is the lights.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
62vauxhall, Thanks for the info. In that case, I might as well look into getting a 200. Seems like a better choice. I'm like you, I like meters and lights but I'm tired of the rats nest of cables and power cords and have a hard time keeping them neat. So the less cords the better.