David's PL 2000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
rick@stereomanuals.com

he also posts here as , amazingly, Rick.....

I feel the same way about work, although I don't specialize in one area as I have to much stuff to cover.....I feel the need to hitb the field quite a bit myself...

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
rick@stereomanuals.com

he also posts here as , amazingly, Rick.....

I feel the same way about work, although I don't specialize in one area as I have to much stuff to cover.....I feel the need to hitb the field quite a bit myself...
Lee, I made a quick look-up of the manual via the Carver site. Downloaded the .pdf.

From this I was able to obtain a section where it references the Switched AC outlets. Section 5-1.2 & 5-1.3 which signify's my issues. See the pics below and tell me what you think?

So here's what I did. I UN-plugged the amp from the switched outlet (keep in mind there is no way like the PL400's to turn off the amp without unplugging it which is why I had it there) And I plugged it INTO the UN-switched outlet. NO MORE POP ON ANY INPUT SELECT SOURCE. THIS experiment was based on the premiss I read in section 5-1.2. I saw it references a small ceramic .01 1kv disc across the switched outlet section of the rotary volume knob. THIS I do NOT have. I wonder if this missing disc which MAY have been added later or deleted by someone, could be the cause of the POP back-feed referenced in the service manual for the switched outlets?

Oh, and HERE'S something fun. When the amp is ON and the Pre-amp is OFF I get that faint music from the tuner when the tuner is on. I can come back ten minutes later and just press ON on the tuner and I hear music. No volume of course as the pre is off. I presume its the residual from the caps in the amp? Hell I'm just guessing there. But that seems odd to me. I don't think there should be ANY bleed when that amp is on. Pre OFF or not? Or am I wrong?..........................

scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg image.jpg