Danny Ritchy

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I just asked Danny if he will do a sit in. Danny owns GR Research. I don't know when he will want to do it. I left that up to him. He does know his speakers. I'll let you guys know when.

For the new guys sometimes we have some one come to do a Q&A in the chat room. It usually lasts about an hour. It is pretty informative. The hour goes by fast. If you want to know what to ask. Just google Danny. He has some awesome designs.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Danny just emailed me. It won't be this Saturday; but the next Saturday @ 3pm Central time. Stuwee you can ask him yourself about the open baffles. He does know speakers. He use to think I was crazy. Well I was. LOL I was a drunk. He is a very nice guy. I remember when he 1st started getting speakers from China. I also turned him onto Goertz inductors. I still like them a lot. They aren't cheap though. So everyone mark that day on your calendar.It should be good.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Ok, I got some threads out on Polk, Steve Hoffman and Martin Logan forums, let's see how that goes, I'll send utahusker a PM and see if he can alert the folks over at Lansing Heritage :D

speakerman1

Tagline
I went to the chat room. Was Stuwee all that showed up? If so that is the end of me getting people to come. No more apologizing to people.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I mentioned after the last guest that we didn't have the membership to support bringing in guests. Sorry I couldn't be there.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It certainly is unfortunate the timing didn't work out for today's chat with Danny Richie. I agree with John: it's difficult to arrange for such a chat with a small membership base. My rule of thumb when organizing such events is to expect, at best, 10% of your membership to participate. But, don't write it off totally, Larry. It's a great concept and it will work once we become a little stronger in numbers. Our apologies to Danny for his commitment to setting aside time for us, and a less than mediocre response by us.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
I wasn't there. I wasn't well. More members. We have more members. I will apologize for the last time. 10% of our membership doesn't equal 1. Not cussing or ranting and raving. Just unhappy.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Well even though there are 84 members, what Nando mean to say was 10% of the active members might show up. I put the active members at 12, so 1.2 members should have shown up. 1 is pretty close to 1.2. I''d say wait till wait till we have 1000 to 1500 members before inviting another guest. At our current growth rate I put that in about 2020 or so. :cyclops:

stuwee

Well, I had a great time with Danny, he even called me on the phone after (easier to chat that way). He's a great guy and very knowlegable. I'm afraid I was a bit starstuck and tounge tied and couldn't collect my thoughts. I hope he didn't get the wrong impression of me :oops:

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
Why star struck? He is just another guy. He is a very nice person.

Larry
I'm not as outgoing as most of ya's think, when I'm in the presence of a master I tend to get silly. You're correct he's a very down to earth guy, and I felt honored to speak with him. I hope to do so again in the future, Im a speaker guy as well :tongue:

The buck stops there, well except for the right amp and cables to go with them, since I already have a Thorens and the Onix for a source :D