D500 emitter resistors

vmaxman

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Are the resistors 39ohm 2watt? If so I was checking mouser and their resistors seems very small in comparison. Ideas appreciated

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Yup, 39 ohm 2 watt (according to the interweb... Check it out, let your fingers do the walking).

Believe it or not, our technology has progressed leaps and bounds since those amps were built. 2 watts is 2 watts whether the resistor is 6" long or 1 inch long. Glen (Grapplesaw) is the man to talk D-500's....... Use low inductance type's for best results.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Actually, those you listed Glen are the .39
Don't you want 39 ohm?? I think the schematic said 39 not .39 but my eyes are not the best anymore.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
yer supposed to be taking mama to the Bamboo Forest. What you doing yapping here Glen? Send me a coconut. Last time i was in Hawaii, Our C-5 was broke down and me and my buddy sat on the Tarmac at Hikam and drank a case of beer.
Whaa? Hawaii eh? If you're doing Oahu, go to the west side.. up the coast to Makaha. Then look "left" past the condo where there are houses on the beach up to the point. Should be a square lookin house with another one to the left of it. That's where I lived as a Nav Brat for the last 6 months the old man was stationed. Man that was luxury lol!!

Then.. haul yer ass back to Wakiki because the west coast is "rough" with wi-people..

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Whaa? Hawaii eh? If you're doing Oahu, go to the west side.. up the coast to Makaha. Then look "left" past the condo where there are houses on the beach up to the point. Should be a square lookin house with another one to the left of it. That's where I lived as a Nav Brat for the last 6 months the old man was stationed. Man that was luxury lol!!

Then.. haul yer ass back to Wakiki because the west coast is "rough" with wi-people..
Sorry wil not make it this trip. We are only on Maui. Went done to Hana today. It was wonderful weather there. Last time we went to rain like hell.

My cousin owns a place in turtle bay. They were stationed there for years till he retired. The plan to go back someday from the mainland

Attachments

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
yer supposed to be taking mama to the Bamboo Forest. What you doing yapping here Glen? Send me a coconut. Last time i was in Hawaii, Our C-5 was broke down and me and my buddy sat on the Tarmac at Hikam and drank a case of beer.

Hi Perry

I have started an ad campaign for our up and coming coconut amplifiers

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hi Perry

I have started an ad campaign for our up and coming coconut amplifiers
Excellent!!!! Bikers welcome too??? What Emitter resistors are we gonna use on out Coconut amps?? I think we should use something that will give us lots of distortion and low output power.... No place to go but up after the first couple prototypes :)

You gotta be gentle putting them together. You could strip the threads real easy.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
If anybody don't get it.... Bob Carver built a coffee can amp... Me and Glen are building Coconut amps.... Better sign up for one quick. They will go fast. It's easy to know when your amp is overheating as it smells like a Pina Colada.....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Whatever you do, DON'T PUT DE LIME IN DE COCONUT!!!! The lime juice will corrode shit and make the chassis ground intermittent.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Whatever you do, DON'T PUT DE LIME IN DE COCONUT!!!! The lime juice will corrode shit and make the chassis ground intermittent.
Ok we will cool the transistors with coconut oil. And there are side benefits like
“Coconut oil offers unique benefits for the brain, including the potential to treat neurological disorders”

Get All that while listening to Jimmy Hendrix

This amp will totally support my Keto way of life. Just watch it melt the pounds offf

Last edited: