Crosley meets Pro-Ject?

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
That's a pretty expensive piece of crap. It's a mockery of a Pro-Ject. Priced at the Carbon Debut level with nothing to offer. Aluminum tone arm, not even a full size platter, doesn't tout a decoupled motor....no reason to spend that kind of money for crap.

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
Not that I'd ever be able to buy anything with the Crosley name on it, I think I saw something about their new product line on Michael Fremer's Analog Planet Youtube videos. If I remember, Crosley actually has begun offering upgraded (for them) turntables at a decent value. I could be wrong but I think I remember seeing this someplace. We can always use a good value TT in the mix but I believe I'd have marketed them under a different name.

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
No doubt that ALL comments should say they're junk but this newer stuff has just appeared in the past few months. At least that's the most recent I've seen. Here's a link to one of their "new" turntables. It's a vast departure from that crap they've offered in the past. No idea if it's worth a damn or not. I'm sure we'll hear about it down the road.

http://www.crosleyradio.com/turntables/product-details?productkey=C10A&model=C10A-MA

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Target selling turntables? What's next, Home Depot selling magnetic phono cartridges??

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
No doubt that ALL comments should say they're junk but this newer stuff has just appeared in the past few months. At least that's the most recent I've seen. Here's a link to one of their "new" turntables. It's a vast departure from that crap they've offered in the past. No idea if it's worth a damn or not. I'm sure we'll hear about it down the road.

http://www.crosleyradio.com/turntables/product-details?productkey=C10A&model=C10A-MA
I guess they're trying to get themselves out of the mudd pitt that they've fallen into. Their radios from the 1940s were probably worthwhile, some still collectible today.

I'm surprised to see that it comes with an Ortofon OM5e instead of an Audio Technica, but then again, the OM5e is a little past prime these days so they probably got a bargain on old stock.

BUT: Why? Would you buy a luxury Yugo or a 1936 Bentley that needed a few parts? I'd spend the bucks on an old Thorens first.