Concept 2QD just finised and now for sale

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Plus 1 on the table-Beautiful!! Gotta get Pops to join there Big E, what an asset, looks like the man knows his shit, we need a turnrable master badly. We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here, but I don't know if many of them have that combination of skills Pops has. Never know, he might like it here. We're funguys...

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
When I first saw the image, I thought how remarkably like a Pioneer PL-550 it looked. I would not mind my PL-550 to be reveneered in rosewood or perhaps tigerwood. Personally, I would love a real wood plinthe for it but I don't know anyone who does them for the big Pioneers and they would probably cost more then the TT is worth

What's Pops charge for the service? I see some guys charge like $300 to do it and I just can't afford that kind of pricetag, especially when shipping the TT back and forth would be over $100 alone

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Very nice work on that Concept 2QD by your dad. Like Ron, I see many styling cues of the Pioneer PL-550/570 on that Concept turntable.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Yes, he knows the Concept models quite well, Lee.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
It's gone, now, so I'm glad I do have pictures of it.

enoyes12: As a guideline for valuation, I sold my PL-570 on consignment for $650 last year. I was the second owner, original packing carton, brochure, OM went with the turntable.

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
I would imagine around $150-300, that's what they typically sell for in clean condition from what I see

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Veneering is easy if you have one of these guys.
Edge trim router. This on is a HF there are better ones out there though.

a jay roller is also required

Its the original markings on the TT to match is the problem. Clear Decal transfers will do the trick for that though. Testors has a compleeter decal system out there for doing this.
I must admit he does a fantastic job. All this is mostly labor intensive. As far as getting a pristene cover there is a guy on Ebay that sells just about any cover out there for the Pioneer TT. But pricey as they are not cheap. I think I paid over 150.00 for Pioneer 518.
As soon as the weather gets a little wamer, I will be redoing the plinth on my 518. That grey color is a no go for me. Still un decided on wether to go for wood or some color.
I'll post pictures when Im done. Either you will vomit at the choisce of color or drool at how nice it turned out to be.

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
No, I won't turn it down but you CAN go away!
I don't know what his reserve is. He can do your TT if you send it to him. He'll polish the platter and cover as well. If your interested I can get you my Pops contact info.

Northwinds

Tagline
I don't know what his reserve is. He can do your TT if you send it to him. He'll polish the platter and cover as well. If your interested I can get you my Pops contact info.
Might be easier if you just asked him what he charges or maybe have him join and let him discuss what he does and what the average cost is. I am pretty sure he would get some business here, even if it was just polishing covers. I wanted to try mine but I only have some 1000 grit wet sandpaper and then 15,000 grit paste. I would not even make a dent in the light scratches except maybe make them shinier LOL

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
No, I won't turn it down but you CAN go away!
I sent him a text and asked him if he's interested. I know he was going to have me pick a TT around the corner from me and take it up to him but the guy is a flake and keeps changing his mind

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thats no decal guys thats real Brazilian rosewood veneer!
Was not saying its a decal job. Sorry it it was mistook that way.
If you notice on this TT there is lettering there. I would want that replicated on my TT if I was to refinish mine.

Minor detail to some. But I Think leaving that part from the restoration is a negative in my book.
Maybe I have to much Attention Deficit Disorder!