Comcast/Xfinity Streaming

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It would be nice if one of my three line amps didn't have a tweaked gain pot and I could get more than four stations in the bedroom, but I sleep more.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
This puts the Trump/Waway issue into better perspective.

And feels a lot like the old model record companies operated under for a few decades.

Cable sucks. We make a car payment each month to them.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Ripped and routed my way down to $149 from $295/mo. I consider myself lucky, another guy I know had his cable rate jacked up $100 starting in January, my hit was only $35 (he is cutting the cord now too after I talked to him about it).

Got rid of all the Comcast stuff including the TV package except the Modem/Router. That is on my hit list.

Now
6 Roku Ultra boxes (pays back in 3 mos). These boxes are pretty awesome. Remote comes with JBL earbuds for private watching.
Comcast Internet $70/mo
YouTubeTV $50/mo
HBO $15/mo
Comcast Modem rental $14/mo

Better watching lineup than before to boot. And the YouTubeTV and HBO are month to month, cancel anytime.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
We do the biz class version here. Had it since heck.. 2012 or so. 109 per month for 60 / 10 with no caps and no questions asked (compared to residential) when and if a truck needs rolled to clean up the signal. Been off of Directv for a few years now with Roku + Hulu running us around 67 for a decent spread of channels plus locals. Still coming out ahead as I remember it was time to tell Directv to pack sand after seeing 180.00 per month just for TV.