Center of my music universe in New Orleans 1970-73

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Some big name bands considered the venue too small to play. They typically ended up doing large outdoor concerts. The really cool bands would play the Warehouse but add additional dates. You can see the bands that did that in the list I posted.
You got me started Fred! I had to go look at the Cobo events from same time & trying to remember every one I went to. Nearly every week with the same childhood pal of mine & then out of the blue he just now called me. Have not talked in 45 years & bringing up these concerts was like we never skipped a beat!
That's a lot of years to catch up in one phone call!

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
You got me started Fred! I had to go look at the Cobo events from same time & trying to remember every one I went to. Nearly every week with the same childhood pal of mine & then out of the blue he just now called me. Have not talked in 45 years & bringing up these concerts was like we never skipped a beat!
That's a lot of years to catch up in one phone call!
Good Karma spreads is amazing ways.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Could be my favorite show. Jethro Tull on the Aqualung tour.
I saw that show in Vancouver. 1971???

Rode my Yamaha 250 twin and had the school bully as a passenger. Had some blotter. Was doing 80 MPH going home up a higway hilll and watching the pavement under the bike, I was sure I could have run faster.

Tull was pretty good, more impressive than Yes. A psychedellic was a good choice. For the ride home too.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I'm stuck in Freds rabbit hole. Reviewing things I did back then with facts vs my memory is interesting/ disturbing?.

But.....4/13/73 Warehouse Framptons Camel. On 5/23 I saw Frampton with Humble Pie in Detroit.
So something happened right around that time with Frampton I don't remember.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Gary, I dont know how you managed a motorcycle trippin... I could barely drive doing windowpane..

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Gary, I dont know how you managed a motorcycle trippin... I could barely drive doing windowpane..

No. No how no way. ONE time was enough for me. How I got home alive I'll never know. I felt like I might have just as well been sitting in the back seat. No connection to the steering wheel at all.
And the clouds! Those fucking clouds are still chasing me 45 years later......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
With me it was traffic lights and the curves in the road that I knew damn well didnt have curves when I wasnt trippin..

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
A year or so later, I had a Kawasaki H1 triple. It was a lot faster.

This was the first Port Mann bridge over the Fraser River and for lighting, it was continuous flourescent tubes along the rails. Under the same aforementioned condition, thinking I wasn't on the right side of the roadway crossed my mind, such as it was.
With me it was traffic lights and the curves in the road that I knew damn well didnt have curves when I wasnt trippin..

Had a girlfriend of the time on the back once and she dug it.

Old Port Mann bridge lighting.jpg

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
A year or so later, I had a Kawasaki H1 triple. It was a lot faster.

This was the first Port Mann bridge over the Fraser River and for lighting, it was continuous flourescent tubes along the rails. Under the same aforementioned condition, thinking I wasn't on the right side of the roadway crossed my mind, such as it was.

Had a girlfriend of the time on the back once and she dug it.

View attachment 46032
That would take some getting used to, straight or not...

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
What's Bloodrock?

NVM. I see them on Warehouse band lineup. Never heard of them before. Don't know any fans from NOLA.

Last edited: