CD players

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
I'm going to get a new CD player. I am an old analog guy that doesn't know shit about digital. A friend has a Emotiva ERC-2 which sounds very good. I have an old Sony EC275 5 disc changer now. Any thoughts ????

I love my Marantz SA-8003 but it may be more than what you are looking for with the SACD capability and the front panel usb connection.

Take some time and do some research on models then look closely into the DAC they use.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I constantly listen to them on laserdisc players and a 1998 Pioneer 100+1 file changer I got in a $50 Pioneer AV system from the thrift store.

I don't know shit about digital either (or I use less TP). It takes heat from an SX-D7000 and rarely skips from vibrations. I love that thing.

I am useless for job creation.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
There are tube DACs that do USB also. I have a Parasound 1000 DAC and CDP. I sell it for what I bought it for. Hold on I just ordered some sample opamps and DACs from TI. See if this upgrade can work.

Larry

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hi Mark
Th Emotiva does not do anything except redbook CD. That is a major drawback if you are an analog guy. Recommend a player that can do SACD and DVD Audio to get the much higher sampling rate and no brickwall filter

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Joe, I am getting the Emotiva from a friend to try out. What would you recommend ? Price is not an issue.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I am an OPPO fan and if price is no opject, then I would be at least looking at the BDP-95. It is about a grand list but you can likely do better.

Make sure you demo it with some SACD program material. You will notice a big difference between redbook CD and SACD and DVD Audio if you are normally listening to LPs.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Lee Are you using your AA gear? I can't find mine. If I find it I can send you the 2 pieces if you want to try that route. I'm looking at the DAC they use now. The OPPO one. 2 samples are 55.00. Study for a bit. Don't jump real fast. Do some shopping. There are some very nice just CDPs out there. Not new but sound very good. You want a nice transport. Then go from there. I got this Parasound DAC and CDP for half of the one your looking at. 1/4 of the Oppo. Being able to swap out DACs without soldering is making me think. LOL That is bad. But may be good? You do have many options.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larrt i have 3 pieces of AA gear you sent. The Digital Transmission Interface V2.0, the Digital Transmission Interface Pro, and the Digital Decoding Engine v1.0 . I have not hooked them up yet. I think you sent enough power supplies and cables to do so however. One of them has something bounciung around inside of it, still haven't checked it out.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
laatsch55 said:
Larrt i have 3 pieces of AA gear you sent. The Digital Transmission Interface V2.0, the Digital Transmission Interface Pro, and the Digital Decoding Engine v1.0 . I have not hooked them up yet. I think you sent enough power supplies and cables to do so however. One of them has something bounciung around inside of it, still haven't checked it out.
Call Double A MCO?