Carver PT 2400

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Adjusting bias and rail voltage.
Had a problem with it on Tim's Soniphase S-6's. Been so long I can't remember what the problem was. So before I send it to Jer I will do some basic checks..that's a very crowded chassis.
A dual mono amp in the true sense of the word. 2 transformers, helll 2 everything. Takes two 15 amp line cords to run it.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Power Specs

750 watts into 8 ohms
1200 watts into 4 ohms
1500 watts into 2 ohms
In Bridge Mode
2400 watts into 8 ohms
3000 watts into 4 ohms

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
That’s a beast. Same power numbers as my QSC Mx3000’s. The two of those will trip the shops double 30a breaker on a big bass note. They’re one on each hot so the breaker is balanced even...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
There are a set of output/input configuration switches on the back, Dual Mono, Series Mono,. Clip Eliminator and XLR polarity.
I thought Dual Mono enabled both channels in mono mode...nope it enables both channels to be driven off one mono input from channel 1....therein was the problem.
With that switch disabled it operates normally...

Needless to say, THAT warmed up the load bank...

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Yep, two Mx3000’s. That mono switch is same as the “parallel” switch on most commercial gear. Drive both channels non bridged from one channels input. Usually you can use the second channels input as an output to “daisy chain” another amp.