Carver M 400 X3

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I have three of these boogers. One has been totally went thru top to bottom and sounds great. One powers up and sounds good, just fine until I start turning up the volume then it distorts in both channels. The third powers up and the bottom two lights come on with no output whatsoever. I listen to the rebuilt one in my shop. Just fine for me. The one that did basically nothing I took it down. I checked DC offset and found nothing out of bounds then disassembled the rest. I checked all the OPT first. One by one and they all tested just fine. Took a while to get it apart and I was tired so I stopped. Well, sort of. Before I went in something told me to check the main filter caps, don't know why it came to mind but it did. Taking them both out -4000uF 80V- x2 I put my ESR meter on them one came back good, the other...Open..It was not attending the show. Almost could not believe it. Usually when I get a "bright Idea" its not so bright. So what do you think. I really do not want to put two filter caps or all the caps back in new then put this thing back together just to find I am wrong and something else is screwed like the TRIAC or something like that because it is not within my skill set to work on things like that, or so i do not think anyway. I don't mind at all buying the parts and putting them in that is not a problem either. The problem you probably already know. Putting this thing back together is a real bitch. I guess what I am really asking is this, Is there way way to fire this thing back up and half ass check it while it is still for the most part still taken apart. Any clues will help, Thanks.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Walmart for Carver?

Wouldn't it be hard lugging it from checkstand to checkstand as they close just when you get to it and wouldn't you need a hard hat when they fall off the top shelf?

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Walmart for Carver?

Wouldn't it be hard lugging it from checkstand to checkstand as they close just when you get to it and wouldn't you need a hard hat when they fall off the top shelf?
Heard just the other day...Walmart is closing 350 stores so 7 cashiers will loose their jobs.

orange

Tagline
That's comedy! Good job!

orange

Tagline
They seem to close the checkstand just as you get to it in line.

Not a Walmart shopper either I guess.