Carver M 1.5t led on low power on rails

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Picked up a carver M-1.5 this last Saturday. Red led on the bottom left comes on at 60v AC. Showing 0.11 A on the ammeter and 5 v DC on both outputs all at 60v AC input from the Veriac. It only shows 12 v DC across the rails. I have installed the 40/80 Volt rail capacitor kit and have checked the filters and the rectifier. Any clues, thinks I should check ? Thanks.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I like those M 1.5 amps, would love to have 2 of them to drive my subs.....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
These amps take some work. If you don't do the rebuild, duck and cover when turning them on. The Service Manual leads you through the troubleshooting of the system. Nothing easy with these or the M1.0t's

Buffalo Bob and his gimmicks in it's finest form.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Think I agree. Bought a bill of goods on this one. So what, I found a lot of really good deals before too. Sometimes you win.......Sometimes not. On this one I loose either way. Dude told me it worked and my greed allowed me to believe him. I have a PL 700, a McCormack DNA 1 a B&K EX 442 a B&K 202+ a Parasound HCA 1206 a PS Audio 200C and that is off the top of my head. I needed another amp like a hole in the head. Greed, I am greedy for amplifiers....Shit. Thanks yall. Roccus, If I decide to sell it I will shoot you a PM.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I guess I am just a dumb ass. All that was wrong was when I was fighting to replace the 50/80 v low rail caps I guess I broke one of the leads on Q6. Amp sounds great. I will rebuild it all later.