Carver Crimson 275

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
I guess that’s what happens when you sell your name to some Chinese company and don’t get involved with what they do with it. Maybe Joe can redesign it for them, WOTA (White Oak Tube Amp) ?

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
I guess that’s what happens when you sell your name to some Chinese company and don’t get involved with what they do with it. Maybe Joe can redesign it for them, WOTA (White Oak Tube Amp) ?
Bob sold his soul to the devil(chineez)

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I recall the initial announcement of this, and thought it was (to my knowledge) a deviation from his history with solid state stuff- I never associated him with tubes.

This is really not good for Bob (not that he is concerned at this point).

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I think he's in cahoots with somebody on this. They have been building tube amps for a few years. The 275 is the amp (in kit form) they sold to the guys going to Carver Fest which he is a guest at most every year.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Some of the pics of the wiring are nasty.....
And the meter.... It's glued in !

M

You should see some of the amps that came out of Carverfest a couple years ago. About 30 guys bought a "Special Offering" of cheaper kit form 275's and they were pretty nasty. A few of them decided they were going to learn how to solder on a $1500 tube amp...... One of the guys sent me his amp which he learned how to solder on to be de-fucked............ I sent it back.