Carver C4000 needs parts

Dutch54

Journeyman
I acquired a C 4000 that had the cord cut, I opened it up to see how hard it would be to replace and found the correlator board lose, went to reinstall and one of the board to board connectors fell off, so I am looking for replaces or a suggestion for a repair.The one that is needed is the 5pin in the photo. Thank for any and all help. DSCF2141.JPG

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
They look like Molex KK style connectors which Bob had a passion for. Cannot tell the pin pitch from your picture but they make them in 0.100" and 0.156" pitch

Dutch54

Journeyman
They look like Molex KK style connectors which Bob had a passion for. Cannot tell the pin pitch from your picture but they make them in 0.100" and 0.156" pitch
Can you tell me where I can find some, and what do you mean by pitch, are you talking about the pin dia. Thanks

Dutch54

Journeyman

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Hey Mark downloaded the SM, no actual parts list all parts are called out on schematics, but some of they have wrong values on them like R37, R38 say they are 47 ohm when they should be .47 ohm that is what is on my board, and been verified on the Carver site . Thank you for your help.
Yeah, service manuals can be flaky. Phase Linear is notorious for inaccuracies.

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Hey Mark downloaded the SM, no actual parts list all parts are called out on schematics, but some of they have wrong values on them like R37, R38 say they are 47 ohm when they should be .47 ohm that is what is on my board, and been verified on the Carver site . Thank you for your help.
How much difference could one little dot make?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Often the scans are so crappy you cannot see the small dot in front of component values. Not uncommon.

Dutch54

Journeyman
New question on the board 20005 or the correlator board, on the parts locator page of SM there is a cap on the IC3 on the solder side, does the + of the cap go to pin 11 of the IC and - go to pin 7 of the IC for the left channel, and should the right channel have the same? Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Dutch54

Journeyman
Yeah, service manuals can be flaky. Phase Linear is notorious for inaccuracies.
Yea Mark, I was wondering if you could give me your input on VR1, VR2 on the C4000 power supply parts locator page of the SM, it has pin out of them as 1,3,2 is this correct and if so what can I use in place of them?

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Yea Mark, I was wondering if you could give me your input on VR1, VR2 on the C4000 power supply parts locator page of the SM, it has pin out of them as 1,3,2 is this correct and if so what can I use in place of them?
Sorry, I don’t have the information on the C4000 since I have the PL4000. Don’t know what to tell you on the Carver model, don’t know how far different the Carver is from the Phase Linear…