Bypass caps power supply.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
So, I put four new 18,000uf caps in my B&K EX-442 amp the other day. I put some bypass caps across all four on the rectifier when I built my PL 400 as suggested by Lee. I am going to put in two new BR one on each board of the 442 and wanted to know what caps and where you would put them on the 442. I was going to use 8 Panasonic 2.2uF across the rectifiers , wrong ??
20200515_030748.jpg 20200515_031034.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Beyond my pay grade, but I haven't seen any over .47....the .01uf at 400 volt like the PL's would be fine..

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Well shit that is what I was thinking. I know you are an oil man and things have not been so great on that front of late. I cannot even imagine how much money is spent and time and work to get that shit out of the ground and on the way to the pumps. People think that cheap gas is oh so great. I hear them talking about it at the pumps. I heard one guy today complaining to a worker at a station because the price had went up 5 cents. The price was 1.44 cents a gallon. Idiot. We Americans all run on oil. Our whole economy is based on having what we need energy wise. Shit, I didn't know everything about nothing but I do know that there will be on hell of a price to pay in the long run for dollar a gallon gas.