Burning CDs from an external CDP

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Is there a special program I need to do this? I think I'll copy CDs for Lee. Can I just go from my CDP to my computer and burn the disc? Or do I have to download then burn the disc?

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Why don't you rip the disc to your hard drive, then burn it to the new disc, or better yet just do a disc copy on your computer?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Explain please I'm a maroon and computer challenged. LOL Explain how I get it onto my computer so I can make a copy. I hate to download it to my computer. Then I have to remove it and all that other stuff.LOL

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Your burning software should have a disc copy option or download a ripper like audio grabber. You rip the disc to a folder on your hard drive ,then burn the wma or mp3 files back to a disc.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
What he said!

A good ripper will do it all in "digital". Rip it to .wav 44K/16 bit then use a CD burning tool to put it back on another CD. Some "all in one" programs (i.e. those that'll just "copy") leave a lot to be desired tho when it comes to ripping "quality". I've used this one in the past for ripping - they've been around since at least 1997 perfecting the technique.

http://www.poikosoft.com/